ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse relocated

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abemeritus101
Newly Registered
Ireland

Spouse relocated

Post by abemeritus101 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:02 am

Hello guys I have a question to ask.
Am none EU National. Married to irish spouse recently my spouse wanted us to relocate to America but due to I have a good job here I don't want to relocate. She refused to listening to me and I can't stop her to do her wish. She latter relocate to America last week with our kids.
My question is . Am on stamp 4 as Irish spouse , and it will expire on 2025 then which will make me 5 years in the country. I want to know if her relocating would affect my stamp 4 if I want to renew it ?

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Re: Spouse relocated

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:32 am

If I understood correctly, you are a non-EU citizen and you have your stamp 4 because of your marriage to an Irish citizen.

That being the case your legal reason to be in Ireland left with that plane last week. You should contact the department immediately and request the retention of your stamp 4, and failure to do so in the first 30 days could result in your stamp 4 being cancelled before its expiration date.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:14 pm

abemeritus101 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:02 am
Am none EU National. Married to irish spouse recently my spouse wanted us to relocate to America but due to I have a good job here I don't want to relocate. She refused to listening to me and I can't stop her to do her wish. She latter relocate to America last week with our kids.
My question is . Am on stamp 4 as Irish spouse , and it will expire on 2025 then which will make me 5 years in the country. I want to know if her relocating would affect my stamp 4 if I want to renew it ?
Hi
To addup to the other advise, Your Irish spouse can not just take the kids to another country without your approval since marriage couples have 50/50 custody.
Your issue falls under International child abduction. You can talk to your spouse to bring back the kids so you use that as reason to keep your current status. Or contact Central Authority in the Department of Justice about it.

Without your spouse or your children,since you have lived in the Republic less than 5 years and didn't apply or wasn't eligible for naturalisation after 3 years, there is 90% chance your stamp will be revoked unless you are very fortunate. If you are still employed you might use that to your advantage.

ackk
Ireland

Post by ackk » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:07 pm

abemeritus101 wrote:
Yes it will affect your renewal and by the way your wife cannot just relocate with your kids as others have mentioned. Have you applied for citizenship yet as a spouse of Irish national under three years rule?

abemeritus101
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by abemeritus101 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:28 pm

AlmostIrish_111 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:32 am
If I understood correctly, you are a non-EU citizen and you have your stamp 4 because of your marriage to an Irish citizen.

That being the case your legal reason to be in Ireland left with that plane last week. You should contact the department immediately and request the retention of your stamp 4, and failure to do so in the first 30 days could result in your stamp 4 being cancelled before its expiration date.
Thanks I will do that.

abemeritus101
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by abemeritus101 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:31 pm

Angel99 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:14 pm
abemeritus101 wrote:
Hi
To addup to the other advise, Your Irish spouse can not just take the kids to another country without your approval since marriage couples have 50/50 custody.
Your issue falls under International child abduction. You can talk to your spouse to bring back the kids so you use that as reason to keep your current status. Or contact Central Authority in the Department of Justice about it.

Without your spouse or your children,since you have lived in the Republic less than 5 years and didn't apply or wasn't eligible for naturalisation after 3 years, there is 90% chance your stamp will be revoked unless you are very fortunate. If you are still employed you might use that to your advantage.
Yes i have a permanent job now.We planed to Relocate together before I got my new job which I have been applying for one year now. I told her to relax next year we relocate but she refused. Because of the kids I had to allow them go.