ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Creation Question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Job Creation Question

Post by AliJaf » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:54 am

T1 Visa Extended 2021 - Applying for ILR

Employee Mr. A (same Individual) - continuous service for 24 months
12 Months - Salesman
12 Months - Sales Administrator - No change in salary, offered incentive on sales volume

Internal letters issued to the employee for change in designation and job role change

Will this constitute as 2 new Job creation?

Asking for a friend

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Job Creation Question

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:49 pm

AliJaf wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:54 am
T1 Visa Extended 2021 - Applying for ILR

Employee Mr. A (same Individual) - continuous service for 24 months
12 Months - Salesman
12 Months - Sales Administrator - No change in salary, offered incentive on sales volume

Internal letters issued to the employee for change in designation and job role change

Will this constitute as 2 new Job creation?

Asking for a friend
That is a tough question.
My interpretation is that, strictly going by a strict reading of immigration rules, it should be considered as 2 Jobs.
But clearly it is not in the spirit of the T1E visa where the idea is that more employment is created.
Your friend may want to talk to a good lawyer and be prepared to take it to court if they want to try this.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

AliJaf
Newly Registered
India

Post by AliJaf » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:16 pm

Many thanks for the quick response,
There is a bit more to the issue for justification purposes and arguement sake, this being a genuine scenario.

A 2nd job was created as Salesman and Mr.B was hired while Mr. A was promoted, but Mr. B left after 3 months while Mr.A stayed promoted. Hence he has to rely only on Mr.A.

The total employment count exceeds 24 months in 3 positions, 2 roles and 2 individuals.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:26 pm

:shock:
AliJaf wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:16 pm
Many thanks for the quick response,
There is a bit more to the issue for justification purposes and arguement sake, this being a genuine scenario.

A 2nd job was created as Salesman and Mr.B was hired while Mr. A was promoted, but Mr. B left after 3 months while Mr.A stayed promoted. Hence he has to rely only on Mr.A.

The total employment count exceeds 24 months in 3 positions, 2 roles and 2 individuals.
That explanation makes it more difficult to justify. You did create a 2nd job which then didn't exist for 12 months.

This one will definitely need professional legal help. You will have to show the two jobs - salesman and sales administrator are very different. Given that when Mr b left, Mr A filled the need will make it difficult to justify it as a different job
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.