ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

chinese on a student visa.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johnconner
Newly Registered

chinese on a student visa.

Post by johnconner » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:19 pm

hi,
i need some help and information on this situation.

my girlfriend is chinese, she's currently here on a student visa and has recently applied to get it renewed. we're waiting with baited breath.

if the renewal fails then what can i/we do to ensure she gets to stay in this country?

i would marry her but she'dlike to get married in a couple of years time, and in china, with her family and stuff. but she doesnt want to go back to china now, she wants to continue living in england with me for the time being.

what would really chicken things up is if her visa fails and she has to go back to china still wanting to wait a couple of years before we marry.

any suggestions?

thanks alot for any help.

johnconner
Newly Registered

Post by johnconner » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:20 pm

rofl
"what would really chicken things up" lolz.

i meant, " what would really chicken things up".

i have chicken cooking and must have been thinking about it.

-edit- oh i see. it censors me from saying c0ck. :o

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:35 pm

lol, ok enough with the poultry.

Whats her full circumstances? Has she finished her course? Does she qualify for a Tier1 visa or is she able to get sponsorship? Don't put all of your eggs in one basket with the Student Visa (Damn reference :roll: ). Need to know some more info though.

whirly

Post by whirly » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Have you been living together - preferably for several years - so she qualifies for an unmarried partner visa?

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:46 pm