ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relationship History and Immigration Status

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xartats
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Relationship History and Immigration Status

Post by xartats » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:24 pm

:o I established a relationship with a Romanian girl, leading to my acquisition of UK Permanent Residency. Subsequently, I underwent a Nikkah in Pakistan, and now we have two children. Can I apply for a family visa to bring my wife and children to the UK, or could immigration authorities raise concerns about my simultaneous marriage and cohabitation in the UK, through which I obtained my immigration status? :shock:

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Relationship History and Immigration Status

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:28 pm

xartats wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:24 pm
:o I established a relationship with a Romanian girl, leading to my acquisition of UK Permanent Residency. Subsequently, I underwent a Nikkah in Pakistan, and now we have two children. Can I apply for a family visa to bring my wife and children to the UK, or could immigration authorities raise concerns about my simultaneous marriage and cohabitation in the UK, through which I obtained my immigration status? :shock:
If you were married in your home country at the time of your unmarried partner application and failed to declare this, the Home Office could consider that your EU residence permit was obtained under deception. See one of the conditions below:
Any previous relationship has broken down permanently;
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.