ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP/HO/Community Sentence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

FLR FP/HO/Community Sentence

Post by samwise1 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

So, I was arrested back in Jan 2021 for using false documents to work. I didn't do anything else with docs; I just worked. I presented evidence and community letters to prove I was trying to get money to sort out my status. The judge accepted and gave me a community sentence but told me to sort my status out sooner, the better! My character was good and never did anything wrong, unfortunately, until this!

While I was in custody, the police did inform HO about my presence, and they wanted to speak to me, but I refused as I said first, lawyer, I will then talk to HO. Fast forward to today, they never contacted me or even came to check on me. Usually, they do barge into homes, I've heard!

- Lawyers are saying this is a good thing? The longer the HO delays, the more it falls in my favour. (Correct or just usual solicitor tactics!)
- Has anyone else successfully argued this in court?

Any story or personal experience will be appreciated

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR FP/HO/Community Sentence

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:37 pm

In my honest opinion, working with false papers and being prosecuted for that offence, will have significantly weakened any application for leave to remain in the UK. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

Post by samwise1 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:55 am

Hi Casa,

You might be right, But you know, and I both know. There are rapists and murderers who they have been given visas, tbh. But I still do agree with you.

I just wanted to know if people came across something similar or gone through it.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:06 pm

Yeah,I have a brother who went through the same situation.He was caught at work using someone's identity and was freed on bail.He later got granted Leave to remain through flr fp.
Having said that all applications are considered on their individual basis.No two applications can be the same.

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

Post by samwise1 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:18 pm

Hi Kofi,

Thanks for sharing your brothers story. It gives hope to myself but i also do agree with you every application is different.

Have a lovely christmas/festivities break