ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending Skilled Worker Dependant when main applicant became 'settlemen'

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a66013
United Kingdom

Extending Skilled Worker Dependant when main applicant became 'settlemen'

Post by a66013 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:18 pm

Good afternoon.

My case is a bit complicate, may I please ask for a help on clarifying few things for my wife extension of Skilled Worker Dependant partner visa.

I started my Tier 2 (Skilled Worker) since Sept 2017 and changed to another job in Company A in Sept 2021 for extended visa til Oct 2024. Became ILR in Sept 2022 with the same company A. Then change to another company B and applied British citizen in Oct 2023 and now pending result.

My wife came to the UK in June 2021 with Skilled Worker dependent partner visa and given I changed job to company A in Sept 2021, she also switch to same dependent partner visa in Sept 2021 and expires in Oct 2024. She can apply ILR in June 2026, she would like to extend her visa earlier in Jan 2024 to avoid the IHS fee increment.

Q1: she applied visa for 3 years or less given technically she needs further 2.5 years to fulfil the ILR requirements. she apply the extension via 'Apply from inside the UK (extend or switch their visa)' in the website (https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children). Am I correct?

Q2: There is a question asked about the CoS from company A (Which I left the company already), it was a 3 years or less CoS and so I filled the answer. However, it asked about the work start date and end date. I left the company in May 2024, before the visa expiry date in Oct 2024. I have answered start date as Sept 2021 and end date as Oct 2024 which states in the BRP. However, after submitting the answer, the IHS fee is only £624 which is valid for 1 year instead of 3 years. I believe it is populated from the answer I entered for work start date and end date.....I need help on this. Should I enter the work end date to June 2026 which is the month she can apply for ILR?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Extending Skilled Worker Dependant when main applicant became 'settlemen'

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:33 pm

Please continue to post in your original thread.

uk-skilled-worker-visas/extending-skill ... 42760.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

a66013
United Kingdom

Post by a66013 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:37 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:33 pm
Please continue to post in your original thread.

uk-skilled-worker-visas/extending-skill ... 42760.html
Hi, this is not my original thread. I just asked a question in the thread.
I need help on this. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:03 pm

1. Please stop tagging your questions onto other members topics. It is considered rude and unfair to other users.

2. Do not start new topics for every question you have. Members will respind or answer in your original topic if they wish to.

3. Keep all your questions in one topic, link below of your original topic!!

immigration-for-family-members/should-i ... l#p2144880
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.