ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Most efficient visa option for Thai national looking to work in the UK for 8 months?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rudrakshgroup
Newly Registered
India

Most efficient visa option for Thai national looking to work in the UK for 8 months?

Post by rudrakshgroup » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:08 am

Hey everyone,

I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to work in the UK for 8 months, but I need some advice on the best visa option as a Thai national. After some research, it seems like the Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange) visa might be the most efficient choice for me. It allows individuals to work in the UK for a short period for specific types of employment, including charity work, research, or training. Plus, it's relatively straightforward to apply for with the support of a sponsoring organization. Any thoughts or experiences with this visa? Thanks in advance for your help!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Most efficient visa option for Thai national looking to work in the UK for 8 months?

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:54 pm

Please don't tag your questions on the end of another topic. It not only causes confusion, it's also unfair to the member who created the original topic.

Please continue to post in this thread.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Most efficient visa option for Thai national looking to work in the UK for 8 months?

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:24 am

Tier 5 GAE route is not a general working visa and is primarily used for specific purposes. You can’t come to the UK and work for anybody you choose. The organisation either must hold a Tier 5 licence or be part of an authorised group linked to a Tier 5 licence holder.
The Tier 5 GAE has abuses and there are some awful issues with it. Pick a reputable Tier 5 intern provider and read the fine print. Many roles are paid way below the UK rate for the job. It is a way of by passing the skilled worker visa requirements for cheap temporary labour.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:25 pm

It appears that this post has been split from her boyfriends post🤷‍♂️

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:07 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:25 pm
It appears that this post has been split from her boyfriends post🤷‍♂️
Always confusing when two members with different user names post in the same topic :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:30 pm

It could be very coincidental that they both have 8 months stay in the U.K. This OP is showing an Indian flag not Thai as outlined in the split post.

Either way they share the same issue.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:25 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:30 pm
It could be very coincidental that they both have 8 months stay in the U.K. This OP is showing an Indian flag not Thai as outlined in the split post.

Either way they share the same issue.
Not posting from the same IP address.
(Casa, not CR001)