ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse visa bank statement requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK spouse visa marriage certificate requirements

Post by nitram1000 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:24 pm

Hi everyone, I'm British , wife is Ecuadorian.

We were married in USA, does our marriage certificate need apostille stamp to be recognized in UK for the purpose of the spouse visa application?

Thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK spouse visa marriage certificate requirements

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:28 pm

nitram1000 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:24 pm
Hi everyone, I'm British , wife is Ecuadorian.

We were married in USA, does our marriage certificate need apostille stamp to be recognized in UK for the purpose of the spouse visa application?

Thanks!
No

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UK spouse visa marriage certificate requirements

Post by nitram1000 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:36 am

Thank you

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse visa (carers allowance question)

Post by nitram1000 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:58 am

I am receiving carers allowance for my mother but I am also an NHS Nurse and I take the occasional temp shift on a zero hours contract.

I am sponsoring my wife from Ecuador for UK Spouse Visa.

Do I put employed or unemployed for the status of my employment?

I have the DWP award letter showing I am a carer and also carer allowance payments into my account.

Thanks!

Martin

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse visa document checklist

Post by nitram1000 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:47 am

About to apply for UK Spouse VISA

Me- UK citizen
Wife - Ecuadorian citizen

Document list

Applicant / Sponsor Documents

Sponsor's supporting cover letter
Copy of sponsor's passport, photo page
Copy of applicant's passport, photo page

Relationship Proof
Marriage certificate
Pics/Whatsapp Calls, some flight tickets back and forth between ecuador, chats over 2 years

Financial
Carers Allowance letter – Bank statement also shows carers allowance in bank account (I am an NHS Nurse but currently mothers full time carer)
6 months bank statements Sponsor – Showing savings and how they meet requirements
6 months bank statements Applicant - Showing savings and how they meet requirements
(These are PDF printed from online bank account)

Accommodation
Letter from mother confirming we can stay for free
Electoral roll letter confirming who lives at the address (myself and mother)
Deed of Assignment from housing association confirming mother is main tenant (she did a council house swap few years ago)
Inspection report confirming size of house and no overcrowding (couldn’t get tenancy agreement from council as it’s taking way too long)

Sponsor TB certificate
Sponsor English exam

Any glaring issues?

Cheers guys,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Spouse visa document checklist

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:57 am

How much savings are each you providing evidence for?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse visa document checklist

Post by nitram1000 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:18 am

Hi thanks for the reply.

It's 10k each we have saved in our bank accounts.

I've divided our savings by 143 and added carers allowance and it covers what is required for two adults applying using benefit as financial proof.

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse visa supporting documents date question??

Post by nitram1000 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:02 am

Hi,

Me and my wife are about to apply for UK spouse visa.

We would like to apply tomorrow to get the ball rolling but have two more documents we are waiting for, which is the inspection report of the house and also a letter from the council to confirm number of tenants.

Can any supporting documents be dated AFTER the date of application? I haven't found any confirmation on this.

Or do all supporting documents need to be dated before the date of application?

Thanks for any help!

Mart

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse visa supporting documents date question??

Post by Ticktack » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:24 am

nitram1000 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:02 am
Hi,

Me and my wife are about to apply for UK spouse visa.

We would like to apply tomorrow to get the ball rolling but have two more documents we are waiting for, which is the inspection report of the house and also a letter from the council to confirm number of tenants. What do you need these documents for. If you own the house, your mortgage statement is fine. If you rent the house, letter from you landlord is fine. In this case, it's your mothers house. She can write you a letter and attach her ID. Most houses are 1B2P, 2B3P, 2B4P or 3B5P. How many extra persons live in that house? Not sure why council needs to confirm tenants?

Can any supporting documents be dated AFTER the date of application? I haven't found any confirmation on this. Docs should be dated before the application date.

Or do all supporting documents need to be dated before the date of application?

Thanks for any help!

Mart
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nitram1000 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:31 am

Hiya thanks for the reply.

I am geting the inspection report as I am with my mum in her housing association house (I am her carer)

The council has been unable to give her a copy of her tenancy agreement as she did a house swap 3 years ago and only has a deed of assignment, which does not list the description of the house. So need the report to confirm no over crowding. It is a 3 bed house with just me and mother.

Accomodation documents I will use will be:

Inspection report to confirm no overcrowding
Electoral roll voting register listing occupants
Letter from mother confirming we can stay
Deed of assignment confirming mother it's my mothers place

Ok, so I should not apply until I have all of the documents ready to upload.

Can I ask, does that also apply to English test?

My wife has her TB certificate, but will be taking the English test in Ecuador in 2 weeks. This will have to be taken before the date of application is that correct?

Thanks again for any info,

Martin

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:48 am

nitram1000 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:31 am
Hiya thanks for the reply.

I am geting the inspection report as I am with my mum in her housing association house (I am her carer)

The council has been unable to give her a copy of her tenancy agreement as she did a house swap 3 years ago and only has a deed of assignment, which does not list the description of the house. So need the report to confirm no over crowding. It is a 3 bed house with just me and mother.

Accomodation documents I will use will be:

Inspection report to confirm no overcrowding
Electoral roll voting register listing occupants
Letter from mother confirming we can stay
Deed of assignment confirming mother it's my mothers place

Ok, so I should not apply until I have all of the documents ready to upload.

Can I ask, does that also apply to English test? Especially English test. Not sure how it's worded, but there's a question asking if you have your English test. If she says "yes" she'd be lying. Cause of the after date. If she's say "No", she could be judged on that. I can't tell you how it works precisely, but you get the picture.

My wife has her TB certificate, but will be taking the English test in Ecuador in 2 weeks. This will have to be taken before the date of application is that correct? Everything before. Not sure what the hurry is. Better to wait and get it right the first time.

Thanks again for any info,

Martin

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nitram1000 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:53 am

Hiya, thanks for the reply!

Get the picture now, definitely best to make sure everything is on hand ready to submit on date of application.

The only reason was needing to hurry up was that I need access to my savings for an emergency and figured the sooner I can apply the sooner I will have access to my savings. (I'm a community nurse for nhs and my car has just failed MOT miserably) I will probably just try and borrow a family members car for a few weeks.

Thanks again for all the help

Mart

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:59 am

nitram1000 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:53 am
Hiya, thanks for the reply!

Get the picture now, definitely best to make sure everything is on hand ready to submit on date of application.

The only reason was needing to hurry up was that I need access to my savings for an emergency and figured the sooner I can apply the sooner I will have access to my savings. (I'm a community nurse for nhs and my car has just failed MOT miserably) I will probably just try and borrow a family members car for a few weeks. If you're not depending on cash savings for the application. You don't need to refrain from spending your savings. From reading your story above, seems you're depending on employment to meet the criteria. Fear not and fix your car! :D

Thanks again for all the help

Mart

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nitram1000 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:42 pm

Hey thanks again for the reply!

For the financial aspect of the visa I am applying using carers allowance benefit as I am currently taking only sporadic shifts at work due to caring for my mother so I am exempt from proving salary or 65k savings.

The savings myself and partner have are being used to meet the adequate maintenance in combination with the carers allowance, which we do meet. But if I dig into the savings now it will be tight!

I think I may be able to use some of the savings as I can get my bank statements now to prove adequate funds but have to ensure that I apply while the bank statements are still within the 28 day rule.

Sorry if that's a little confusing. Thanks for clarifying that it is best to wait until all documents are ready before applying.

Thanks !

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse visa bank statement requirement

Post by nitram1000 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I am about to apply for my wifes UK spouse visa.

My bank statements are fine as they from UK.

My wifes bank statements showing her savings going back 6 months are from Ecuador, she had them printed at the bank, on them it has a water print saying "copy" also there is a few lines of Spanish at the top.

Does this need professional translation or how does this work?

Thanks,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse visa bank statement requirement

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:16 am

nitram1000 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:58 pm
Hi everyone,

I am about to apply for my wifes UK spouse visa.

My bank statements are fine as they from UK.

My wifes bank statements showing her savings going back 6 months are from Ecuador, she had them printed at the bank, on them it has a water print saying "copy" also there is a few lines of Spanish at the top.

Does this need professional translation or how does this work?

Thanks,
Her account statement won't be of relevance to the application

nitram1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse visa bank statement requirement

Post by nitram1000 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:39 pm

Thanks for the reply.

In our case it's relevant as we are using combined savings to meet the adequate maintenance amount in combination with my carers allowance benefit that I receive.

Thanks ,

Mart