ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Validity Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asingh42
United Kingdom

Passport Validity Spouse Visa

Post by asingh42 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:28 am

Hi Guys one of my friends has recently married in India and he wishes to bring his wife over to he UK. He will be applying using priority service to get a quicker response. However the issue is that his wife's passport is only valid till Jan 2025.

Now considering that visa processing can take up to 12 weeks, will my friend's wife be able to travel to UK with only few months passport validity left on the India passport? Are there any rules to enter the UK with regards to how long the passport should be valid for?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Validity Spouse Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:01 am

asingh42 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:28 am
Hi Guys one of my friends has recently married in India and he wishes to bring his wife over to he UK. He will be applying using priority service to get a quicker response. However the issue is that his wife's passport is only valid till Jan 2025.

Now considering that visa processing can take up to 12 weeks, will my friend's wife be able to travel to UK with only few months passport validity left on the India passport? Yes Are there any rules to enter the UK with regards to how long the passport should be valid for? No