ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Struggling with UK Dependent Visa: Seeking Guidance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EnthusiasticWait
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Struggling with UK Dependent Visa: Seeking Guidance

Post by EnthusiasticWait » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:35 pm

My wife's dependent visa has been rejected twice, and I'd like to share my story. I entered into an arranged marriage in July 2023 in my home country. Shortly afterward, I returned to the UK due to work commitments, as I hold a representative of an overseas business visa.

I provided my wife with ample time to gather the necessary documents, including updating passport details and NIC (adding my name), and obtaining the marriage registration certificate. Despite collecting all the required documents, her first application was rejected on the grounds (RWP 6.2) that our relationship did not meet the requirements of being genuine and subsisting. Although acknowledging our legal marriage, the refusal letter emphasized that the provided documents only demonstrated our acquaintance since the marriage, lacking evidence of pre-marital connection.

In response, we submitted a second application with a comprehensive cover letter explaining the nature of our arranged marriage. We included additional documents such as marriage registration certificates, chat records, pictures, payslips, and tickets. However, the second application was also rejected on the same grounds, emphasizing the perceived lack of genuineness in our relationship. The refusal letter acknowledged our cultural values and legal marriage but contended that the provided tickets did not sufficiently prove my visits to meet her. Despite including pictures and WhatsApp chats, the immigration authorities dismissed these as insufficient evidence, referring to the communication as 'FLATARIOUS BEHAVIOR' and noting the absence of pre or post-marital documents.

Having exhausted the initial application and appeal process, I have initiated an Administrative Review (AR) process, explicitly pointing out the potential error in the caseworker's application of the law regarding Cultural Awareness, as outlined in the Policy guidance of RWP. It has been eight days since the AR submission, and I am yet to receive any response. The separation from my wife has been prolonged, and I am uncertain about the duration of this process. If anyone has faced similar issues or has guidance to offer, I would appreciate any assistance or insights.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Struggling with UK Dependent Visa: Seeking Guidance

Post by Angel99 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:30 pm

EnthusiasticWait wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:35 pm
My wife's dependent visa has been rejected twice, and I'd like to share my story. I entered into an arranged marriage in July 2023 in my home country. Shortly afterward, I returned to the UK due to work commitments, as I hold a representative of an overseas business visa.

I provided my wife with ample time to gather the necessary documents, including updating passport details and NIC (adding my name), and obtaining the marriage registration certificate. Despite collecting all the required documents, her first application was rejected on the grounds (RWP 6.2) that our relationship did not meet the requirements of being genuine and subsisting. Although acknowledging our legal marriage, the refusal letter emphasized that the provided documents only demonstrated our acquaintance since the marriage, lacking evidence of pre-marital connection.

In response, we submitted a second application with a comprehensive cover letter explaining the nature of our arranged marriage. We included additional documents such as marriage registration certificates, chat records, pictures, payslips, and tickets. However, the second application was also rejected on the same grounds, emphasizing the perceived lack of genuineness in our relationship. The refusal letter acknowledged our cultural values and legal marriage but contended that the provided tickets did not sufficiently prove my visits to meet her. Despite including pictures and WhatsApp chats, the immigration authorities dismissed these as insufficient evidence, referring to the communication as 'FLATARIOUS BEHAVIOR' and noting the absence of pre or post-marital documents.

Having exhausted the initial application and appeal process, I have initiated an Administrative Review (AR) process, explicitly pointing out the potential error in the caseworker's application of the law regarding Cultural Awareness, as outlined in the Policy guidance of RWP. It has been eight days since the AR submission, and I am yet to receive any response. The separation from my wife has been prolonged, and I am uncertain about the duration of this process. If anyone has faced similar issues or has guidance to offer, I would appreciate any assistance or insights.
Best answer I can give is dont reapply if it's refused again. Use 1 year to visit your wife atleast 2 more times and build up more communication after marriage then reapply. This will suffice.

Its a bad idea to

Jasonjs22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Struggling with UK Dependent Visa: Seeking Guidance

Post by Jasonjs22 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:12 pm

Any outcomes from AR?