ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GSCE Question

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tksnota1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Need Advise Newly Arrived Child on Dependent Visa

Post by tksnota1 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:38 pm

Hi

I managed to get my 18year old into the UK

But I don’t know how I will be able to help him secure a job so I decided to reach out into this forum.

Hope someone can give me their advised based on these questions

1. Does he need to get GCSE even if his study curriculum was assessed during his visa application? If needed how do I get one in order to satisfy the employment requirement?

2. Can he land a job even without GCSE? What are the employable positions suitable?

3. Do you have a sample CV that I could use in order to send to potential employers?

4. Is there any chance that apprenticeship be possible without or GCSE is still being secured?

I appreciate all the comments that would be presented

//NT

meself2
Ireland

Re: Need Advise Newly Arrived Child on Dependent Visa

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:51 am

All these are employment based questions, not visa based.

I don't know whether or not will employers hire someone without GCSE (most likely not - they may not trust whatever documents he got in his home country), there's lots of free CV templates online and so on.
I'm afraid it's all out of scope on this forum.

The only question that may arise is whether or not he can do an apprenticeship on his current visa, but I don't have an answer for that.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Need Advise Newly Arrived Child on Dependent Visa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:47 am

He could try his local Supermarkets. I doubt that they would require a GCSE qualification :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tksnota1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

GSCE Question

Post by tksnota1 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:00 am

Hi

Is there a pathway to secure GSCE even by paying? If so, how long will it take and can anyone provide guidance on how to get it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: GSCE Question

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:27 am

GCSE is a school qualification. The child has to do the studying in an educational institution to get to point of doing the exams the GCSE qualification.

GCSE is usually takes 2 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tksnota1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tksnota1 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:37 pm

Since my child just recently arrived from overseas, do I need to pay for his GCSE. He is turning 17 years old…

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:55 pm

You should contact your local schools and council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MylaHughes
- thin ice -
Mood:
United States of America

Post by MylaHughes » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:35 pm

Hello, did you manage to find out the information you were looking for or you still don’t understand. As the guys wrote above, it’s unlikely that an employer will hire you, and this is a little logical.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:28 pm

MylaHughes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:35 pm
Hello, did you manage to find out the information you were looking for or you still don’t understand. As the guys wrote above, it’s unlikely that an employer will hire you, and this is a little logical.
To the contrary. There are many roles available for 18 year olds without a GCSE qualification. As I mentioned in a previous post, supermarkets and other retail positions are a good example. Also restaurants, coffee chains etc. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.