ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with IHS and Vaf4a appendix 2 for child visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hemant274
Newly Registered
India

Need help with IHS and Vaf4a appendix 2 for child visa

Post by Hemant274 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 pm

Hi,
I and my wife both have ILR. Out child was born outside UK and after we got ILR. I am applying for family visa to bring the child to UK but facing couple issues

1. It mentions that I need to fill VAF4A appendix 2 : financial requirement form under category non British child of settled parents, however this form is not available anywhere. I can see appendix 1 but not appendix 2 for VAF4A. How to get this form.

2. When moving to IHS section , the details for child are prefilled with visa route as Settlement and visa type as dependent child , after this there is a question “Are you applying to join or remain with a person already in UK”
If I add this then the visa type and route information for myself are needed which I can not see there. Not sure if I need to even add this and if yes then what option to select.

3. Do i need Tb test for my 2 month old child , as per rules it is only needed if person has stayed for 6 months in the listed country.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Need help with IHS and Vaf4a appendix 2 for child visa

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:38 am

Hemant274 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 pm
Hi,
I and my wife both have ILR. Out child was born outside UK and after we got ILR. I am applying for family visa to bring the child to UK but facing couple issues

1. It mentions that I need to fill VAF4A appendix 2 : financial requirement form under category non British child of settled parents, however this form is not available anywhere. I can see appendix 1 but not appendix 2 for VAF4A. How to get this form. Not Aware of many persons filling this anymore as it is already covered in the online application.

2. When moving to IHS section , the details for child are prefilled with visa route as Settlement and visa type as dependent child , after this there is a question “Are you applying to join or remain with a person already in UK”
If I add this then the visa type and route information for myself are needed which I can not see there. Not sure if I need to even add this and if yes then what option to select.

3. Do i need Tb test for my 2 month old child , as per rules it is only needed if person has stayed for 6 months in the listed country.
Children who need a TB test
All children must see a clinician who’ll decide if they need a chest x-ray. Children under 11 will not normally have a chest x-ray.

You must take your child to an approved clinic and complete a health questionnaire. If the clinician decides your child does not have TB they’ll give you a certificate. Include this certificate with your child’s UK visa application.

Read below

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa#:~:text ... pplication.

Hemant274
Newly Registered
India

Re: Need help with IHS and Vaf4a appendix 2 for child visa

Post by Hemant274 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:54 am

I read the guidance for TB test , but on top it also mentions this

You’ll need to have a tuberculosis (TB) test if all of the following are true:

you’re coming to the UK for 6 months or more
you’ve lived in any of these listed countries for 6 months or more
you were living there (or another listed country) within the last 6 months

For my case 2nd point would be invalid as the child is only 2 months old , hence the confusion.