ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing wifes children to the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Belfastbowler
United Kingdom

Bringing wifes children to the UK

Post by Belfastbowler » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:00 pm

Apologies if these sort of questions have been asked already and if they have maybe someone can send me the link please.

My wife has been here a year on the Spouse Visa and wants to bring her 2 children here also aged 16 & 11.

What would be the right visa to bring them here with?

How long roughly does it take and can we avoid hiring a immigration lawyer.

What would the costs be?

Thanks in advance

B.B.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Bringing wifes children to the UK

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:50 pm

Belfastbowler wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:00 pm
Apologies if these sort of questions have been asked already and if they have maybe someone can send me the link please.

My wife has been here a year on the Spouse Visa and wants to bring her 2 children here also aged 16 & 11.

What would be the right visa to bring them here with?

How long roughly does it take and can we avoid hiring a immigration lawyer.

What would the costs be?

Thanks in advance

B.B.
Where is the children's natural father? Who has been caring for the children since your wife has been living in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Belfastbowler
United Kingdom

Post by Belfastbowler » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:57 pm

The father of the children is in Vietnam and is not part of their lives and has agreed to sign whatever is needed to let them leave.

My wife's mother has been taking care of the children.

BB

Belfastbowler
United Kingdom

Post by Belfastbowler » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:26 am

My wife came on a spouse visa a year ago and now we need to apply to bring her 2 children here, does anyone know if it is a family or independent child visa that I need to apply for?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:38 am

Why did it take a year to want children to arrive? Why didn't they apply with your spouse?

It's not easy to bring children to UK if father isn't going with them. Read https://freemovement.org.uk/sole-respon ... desirable/ , for example.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Belfastbowler
United Kingdom

Post by Belfastbowler » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:15 pm

It has taken a year because as I am sure you know the visas including flights are expensive but now we have the money to apply to bring them here.

My wife has 2 children aged 11 & 16 and their father has agreed to let me adopt them and we will get the papers signed soon.

I was just wondering which visa to bring them on and how long it takes plus I will click on your link now.

Thanks in advance