ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Experience for 10 yrs Visit Visa for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bestestcase
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa Experience for 10 yrs Visit Visa for Parents

Post by bestestcase » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:40 pm

Hello All,

This experience should help future applicants of Visit Visa for 10 yrs (long term) for Parents.

I have applied 6 months visa in 2016 and again 6 months visa in 2022 for my Parents both were granted without any problems.

In 2022, I have mentioned in my sponsor letter that my father as retired business man and my mother as homemaker.

I then applied 10 yrs visa on 19th Dec 2023 (online application) and kept the same information as above. My father has 3 different fixed deposit and his home in India and no other assets. There is a regular savings account which is joint account with my mother.

I am not 100% sure that if the documents that we upload as part of application are assessed by any case worker prior to biometrics are submitted. I believe they are not.

My parents submitted Biometrics on 25th January and 10 yrs Standard visitor visa was granted on 30th January. I will add this to timeline as well.

It was an amazing experience along with the out of norm steps that was taken by me to skip 2yr and 5 yrs visa application prior to applying for 10 yrs visitor visa.

Super Happy now. Any questions, happy to answer.

Arkgj88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Visa Experience for 10 yrs Visit Visa for Parents

Post by Arkgj88 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:52 am

Hello,

Thanks for your information.

So I believe you are the financial sponsor for your parents? What documents you presented to HO? How much minimum money you need to have in your bank account to be sponser for 10years visa?