ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British partner. Pre-settled staus to settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

emojik198
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British partner. Pre-settled staus to settled status

Post by emojik198 » Sat May 04, 2024 1:30 pm

Hello,

I'm currently coming up to the 5 years of being on pre-setled status. I first got an unmarried partner visa and then I was given given pre-settled status. In the meantime my partner has naturilized and become a British citizen. Before he was an EU national and now he has dual citizenship. From what I've read I will need to apply by post and will need to provide evidence that he's been excersing his treaty rights.

Now, the problem is that because of some arguments within our relationship he doesn't want to provide me with any documents. So the question is:

if I don't apply for settled status will I my pre-settled status be extended for 2 years ?
Will I at some point be automatically given the settled status ?
Are his documents are really required for my application?

Thank you for your answers.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: British partner. Pre-settled staus to settled status

Post by contorted_svy » Sat May 04, 2024 4:57 pm

Yes, the documents are required as your status depends on the relationship. If you break up, you will automatically lose your right to stay in the UK.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.