ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gr8person
BANNED
United Kingdom

UK Spouse Visa

Post by gr8person » Wed May 15, 2024 12:46 pm

Hi,

There seems to be a £16K cash savings requirements to apply for a spouse visa. Does money present in Premium Bonds count as cash savings?

I had recently resigned from my job to come abroad and marry. Now I have to go back to UK, start a job and arrange payslips and bank statements. Do I have to work and wait for at least 6 months before applying for her visa or can we apply with 3 months payslips and bank statements?

According to gov.uk website, spouse visa itself also takes 6 months to process. Is it really true? or it is the maximum time, whereas in actual they process it much quicker?

Do we have to pay healthcare surge as well in addition to the visa fee?

Would it be a good idea to first try and get a visit visa for her so that she does not have to wait for spouse visa outcome, to join me in UK as apparently visit visa's are processed much quicker? (otherwise, 6 moths worth of payslips/statements and 6 months processing time means that it may take 1 year before she will be able to join me, and we may end up having a child abroad)

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 15, 2024 3:02 pm

gr8person wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:46 pm
Hi,

There seems to be a £16K cash savings requirements to apply for a spouse visa. Does money present in Premium Bonds count as cash savings?

I had recently resigned from my job to come abroad and marry. Now I have to go back to UK, start a job and arrange payslips and bank statements. Do I have to work and wait for at least 6 months before applying for her visa or can we apply with 3 months payslips and bank statements? Minimum 6months evidence of employment under Category A.

According to gov.uk website, spouse visa itself also takes 6 months to process. Is it really true? or it is the maximum time, whereas in actual they process it much quicker? That's the advertised service time, some are faster some later.

Do we have to pay healthcare surge as well in addition to the visa fee? Yes

Would it be a good idea to first try and get a visit visa for her so that she does not have to wait for spouse visa outcome, to join me in UK as apparently visit visa's are processed much quicker? That will be an attempt to circumvent immigration rules and will not be looked on kindly (otherwise, 6 moths worth of payslips/statements and 6 months processing time means that it may take 1 year before she will be able to join me, and we may end up having a child abroad) The onus is on the applicant to plan accordingly
Are you a BC or ILR holder?
Thanks.
There is no 16k bond requirement, you misunderstand it. For cash savings, its from above 16k that counts.

gr8person
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by gr8person » Wed May 15, 2024 3:14 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:02 pm
There is no 16k bond requirement, you misunderstand it. For cash savings, its from above 16k that counts.
I know there is no bond requirement. What I just said is that I already have enough savings present in UK in the form of UK Premium Bonds. That I can withdraw anytime I like back into my bank account. So, the question is that do I have to have money present in my bank account or will that above mentioned form of savings count?

I am an EU national having Settled Status in UK.

gr8person
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by gr8person » Wed May 15, 2024 3:44 pm

I don't seem to be getting any real help, guidance or even info here on this website/forum. No one seem to know more than I know and I actually already answer my own questions to make it easy for others.

I now just want this topic and all the posts in it removed/deleted. Can administrators please do that?????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:46 pm

You only posted TODAY!!

We are ALL unpaid volunteers on the forum and have our own family and job committments. If you expect immediate help, then pay a solicitor to do that!!

Posts are also not deleted!!

For an initial spouse visa, you need EITHER to meet the minimum 6 month salary requirement or have substantial accessible (cash) savings, the first £16k is not counted. Even if you are using salary and some savings (lets say, £20k) you STILL need 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements.

If you want to apply immediately, you must have access to savings of over £62k for a minimum of 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 16, 2024 1:02 am

gr8person wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:44 pm
I don't seem to be getting any real help, guidance or even info here on this website/forum. No one seem to know more than I know and I actually already answer my own questions to make it easy for others.

I now just want this topic and all the posts in it removed/deleted. Can administrators please do that?????
You reckon you ain't getting sny real help.