ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Salary requirement

Post by Globe Trotter » Sat May 04, 2024 7:51 pm

Hello Everybody,

Considering the hike in income requirements, can anyone please guide me on what should be the salary in the following scenario:

Husband – British Citizen
Spouse – On dependant visa
Son – On dependant visa (23 years old)
Son – On dependant visa (18 years old)

The family stays together.
It is their second extension, and will lead to ILR.
They first entered UK, from their home country, in the year 2020. At that time the salary requirement was 24,600 GBP.

Can anyone please guide me what should be the salary of the husband now to be eligible to apply for an extension for his family?

Thanking you and warm regards.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Re: Salary requirement

Post by Globe Trotter » Sat May 18, 2024 11:36 pm

Hello lovely people.

Any answer to my query?

Even a link pointing to the answer will be helpful indeed.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 18, 2024 11:50 pm

Are they on Skilled Worker dependent visas or on a spousal/family of a settled person visa or a different visa?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Sun May 19, 2024 12:21 am

Thanks for the response secret.simon.

They are on a spousal/family of a settled person visa. Husband is a British citizen and the family are his dependents.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 19, 2024 1:35 am

If they started their spousal/family visa journey before the recent increase in the Minimum Income Requirement, to the best of my knowledge, they need to meet the same requirements as they had to before the increase. But wait for others to respond.

On a separate note, I am sure you are aware, but just clarifying that your children will need to meet the same (absences, physical presence, English language, LITUK, etc) requirements for naturalisation as any other adult. Their dependant status only lasts till ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Globe Trotter
Member of Standing

Post by Globe Trotter » Mon May 20, 2024 2:50 am

Thanks secret.simon. Much appreciated.