ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Items of Correspondence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

2024 Spouse visa application - Details of time spent outside the UK

Post by cham2024 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:13 pm

Hi all,

I'm on a spouse visa and am planning to apply for the extension of this. Currently in the process of filling the application form online and feeling unsure as to how to provide an answer to this particular section/questions in the form:

Time Spent Outside the UK: "Have you been out of the UK since you started living here?" (to which I have answered 'Yes') & "Details of time spent outside the UK".

For 'Details of time spent outside the UK', do I need to include all holidays for when I was out of the country before and after the start of my Spouse visa (in Dec 2021)? Or do I include only the details and dates for when I was out of the UK after the start of my Spouse visa?

Thank you very much,
Cham

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: 2024 Spouse visa application - Details of time spent outside the UK

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:54 pm

cham2024 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:13 pm
Hi all,

I'm on a spouse visa and am planning to apply for the extension of this. Currently in the process of filling the application form online and feeling unsure as to how to provide an answer to this particular section/questions in the form:

Time Spent Outside the UK: "Have you been out of the UK since you started living here?" (to which I have answered 'Yes') & "Details of time spent outside the UK".

For 'Details of time spent outside the UK', do I need to include all holidays for when I was out of the country before and after the start of my Spouse visa (in Dec 2021)? Or do I include only the details and dates for when I was out of the UK after the start of my Spouse visa?

Thank you very much,
Cham
After the start of your Spouse visa. However, there is no absence limit for holders of this category of visa. Just be truthful of the dates.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cham2024 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:00 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:54 pm
cham2024 wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you very much,
Cham
After the start of your Spouse visa. However, there is no absence limit for holders of this category of visa. Just be truthful of the dates.
Hi, thank you very much for the reply. I have included all the dates I was out of the UK for holidays just in case (most of them were 2-4 days in Europe). To make sure all the dates are accurate, I am using the stamp dates in my passport.

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cham2024 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:05 pm

Casa wrote:
cham2024 wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you very much,
Cham
Hi,
I also want to confirm the application/submission date. My BRP states that my spouse visa is valid until 15th June 2024. I am planning to apply on or a few days after May 18th so I will not fall short of the 5-year route.
What I want to confirm is, if I apply on 18th or 19th May, and I find a date for biometrics and submit documents after 15th June, I won't be counted as an "overstayer", as the submission date will be taken as the date I submit the application online (18th or 19th May). Not when I attend the Biometrics appointment. Could you please confirm if this is correct?

Many thanks,
Cham

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:26 pm

cham2024 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:05 pm
Casa wrote:
cham2024 wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you very much,
Cham
Hi,
I also want to confirm the application/submission date. My BRP states that my spouse visa is valid until 15th June 2024. I am planning to apply on or a few days after May 18th so I will not fall short of the 5-year route.
What I want to confirm is, if I apply on 18th or 19th May, and I find a date for biometrics and submit documents after 15th June, I won't be counted as an "overstayer", as the submission date will be taken as the date I submit the application online (18th or 19th May). Not when I attend the Biometrics appointment. Could you please confirm if this is correct?

Many thanks,
Cham
This is correct, date of application is when you submitted. You will not be an overstayer if your biometrics comes after expiry of current leave as you have submitted an in time application.

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cham2024 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:01 pm

Thank you so much for confirming, really appreciate it.

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

2024 Spouse visa application - Moving houses

Post by cham2024 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:04 pm

Hi,

I am currently in the process of doing the online application for the renewal of my spouse visa. In the online form, for the "Home Details" section where it has asked "Do you own or rent your home?", I'm unsure which one to tick. This is because my husband and I are currently renting but have just bought a new house, which we are moving into next month (the official completion date is 31st May 2024).
As I am planning to submit the application this Saturday (18th May), so it seems logical to tick the "Rent" option, and later when submitting the documents stage, explain in the cover letter that we have moved to our new property that we own and provide the necessary details for this. Will this be okay? Please advise.

Many thanks & best wishes,
CW

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: 2024 Spouse visa application - Moving houses

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 16, 2024 1:10 am

cham2024 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 5:04 pm
Hi,

I am currently in the process of doing the online application for the renewal of my spouse visa. In the online form, for the "Home Details" section where it has asked "Do you own or rent your home?", I'm unsure which one to tick. This is because my husband and I are currently renting but have just bought a new house, which we are moving into next month (the official completion date is 31st May 2024).
As I am planning to submit the application this Saturday (18th May), so it seems logical to tick the "Rent" option, and later when submitting the documents stage, explain in the cover letter that we have moved to our new property that we own and provide the necessary details for this. Will this be okay? Please advise.

CW
At the time of making the application what is applicable?

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cham2024 » Fri May 17, 2024 9:40 am

We will be still renting but exchanged contracts for the house last week

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cham2024 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:57 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 1:10 am
cham2024 wrote:
Hi,

CW
We are at the moment still renting but exchanged contracts for the new house last week. So will be moving to the new bought house first week of next month.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 18, 2024 5:33 am

cham2024 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 12:57 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
cham2024 wrote:
Hi,

CW
We are at the moment still renting but exchanged contracts for the new house last week. So will be moving to the new bought house first week of next month.
IMHO, this is not of material significance to the application that address/residence was changed after application. Do ensure you have means to get correspondence from the address should any be sent there by HO.

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cham2024 » Sun May 19, 2024 11:55 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 5:33 am
cham2024 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
cham2024 wrote:
Hi,

CW
IMHO, this is not of material significance to the application that address/residence was changed after application. Do ensure you have means to get correspondence from the address should any be sent there by HO.
Thank you, this is helpful. Just to confirm should I go with "Rent" as we are still renting at the time of the application?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun May 19, 2024 11:08 pm

cham2024 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:55 am
AmazonianX wrote:
cham2024 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
cham2024 wrote:
Hi,

CW
Thank you, this is helpful. Just to confirm should I go with "Rent" as we are still renting at the time of the application?
Go with rent in application. You may explain full circumstances in a cover letter if it puts your mind more at rest.

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cham2024 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:17 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:08 pm
cham2024 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:55 am
AmazonianX wrote:
cham2024 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
cham2024 wrote:
Hi,

CW
Go with rent in application. You may explain full circumstances in a cover letter if it puts your mind more at rest.
Thank you, this is really appreciated.

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa - Evidence of Council Tax for accommodation

Post by cham2024 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:38 am

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of getting my documents ready for the Bio-metrics appointment. I submitted my online application on 23 May 2024, and I am yet to book the appointment as I am getting all documents ready.

My husband and I have very recently purchased a house, but we are still living in our rented property (until end of this month) as the new house requires some building work to be done before moving in. In the document checklist, for the "Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live", should I include the council tax of the current rented property or the new property, or both?
Also related to this, how many council tax bills should I provide?

Many thanks,
Cham

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - Evidence of Council Tax for accommodation

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:52 am

cham2024 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:38 am
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of getting my documents ready for the Bio-metrics appointment. I submitted my online application on 23 May 2024, and I am yet to book the appointment as I am getting all documents ready.

My husband and I have very recently purchased a house, but we are still living in our rented property (until end of this month) as the new house requires some building work to be done before moving in. In the document checklist, for the "Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live refers to initial spouse application by my own interpretation", should I include the council tax of the current rented property or the new property, or both?

Many thanks,
Cham
Earlier response stands: provide documentation of or about where you are living currently, provide explain about new house in letter.
Any council tax within last 2years should suffice.

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - Evidence of Council Tax for accommodation

Post by cham2024 » Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:02 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:52 am
cham2024 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:38 am
Hello,

My husband and I have very recently purchased a house, but we are still living in our rented property (until end of this month) as the new house requires some building work to be done before moving in. In the document checklist, for the "Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live refers to initial spouse application by my own interpretation", should I include the council tax of the current rented property or the new property, or both?

Many thanks,
Cham
Earlier response stands: provide documentation of or about where you are living currently, provide explain about new house in letter.
Any council tax within last 2years should suffice.
Thank you very much.

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa - Items of Correspondence

Post by cham2024 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:13 am

Hello,

I'm in the process of getting my documents together for the renewal of my spouse visa. I received my BRP after the first application for spouse visa in December 2021. These are the documents that I now have which are ready for submission as items of correspondence / evidence of cohabitation. Could you please let me know if these are evenly and fairly spread out through the years? :

February 2022 - Council Tax (Both)
April 2022 - Council Tax (Both)
July 2022 - Bank Statement (mine) & BT Bill (my husband's)
November 2022 - Bank Statement (mine) & BT Bill (my husband)
February 2023 - New tenancy agreement contract (Both)
May 2023 - Council Tax (Both)
August 2023 - British Gas (Both)
December 2023 - Bank statement (Both)
March 2024 - Tenancy agreement renewal (Both)
June 2024 - Mortgage statement (Both)

Could I please confirm if these are sufficient?

Many thanks,
C

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - Items of Correspondence

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:18 am

If spaced 3-4months apart and covering last 2years, should be alright.

cham2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - Items of Correspondence

Post by cham2024 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:08 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:18 am
If spaced 3-4months apart and covering last 2years, should be alright.
Thank you AmazonianX.