ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application Set (O) - question on absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ao12345
Newly Registered
Turkey

ILR application Set (O) - question on absences

Post by ao12345 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:54 pm

Hi forum!

I am preparing my ILR application but I am confused on one specific absence I had during 2020.
I have switched jobs in 2021 and, while employed with my previous employer, I have worked abroad and also took some annual leave during 3 months in 2020. My employer was ok with me working abroad and I am not exceeding 180 days rule in a rolling 12 months. However I am confused on what to state as reason. Also I have seen that we do not require a letter from previous employers for absences, I am guessing I would not need to provide that.

Thank you so much in advance for any help on this.
A.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application Set (O) - question on absences

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:20 pm

You do not need to provide any reasons or letters from previous employers

All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ao12345
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by ao12345 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:00 pm

Thank you so much Zimba for such a quick response.
With reasons, I was referring to the reason section where you fill in your absences with which country/which dates and reason. What would be the best to describe that longer period?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:32 pm

ao12345 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:00 pm
Thank you so much Zimba for such a quick response.
With reasons, I was referring to the reason section where you fill in your absences with which country/which dates and reason. What would be the best to describe that longer period?
You do not need to provide any detailed reasons. Holiday/visit is enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice