ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Change of Address & BRP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LanceUK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Financial Requirements 2024

Post by LanceUK » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:06 pm

Hello, following the news that the Financial Requirements are going up in 2024 from £18,600 to £38,700.

My wife will have completed the 5 year route in June next year, this new requirement, am I correct in saying we can use our join earnings for this requirement, as my wife has worked since day 1, collectively we make enough, but if its just on me then we don't, which is starting to make me worry.

Hope you can help, sorry if duplicated post, I did try t find the topic.

Regard

Lance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Financial Requirements 2024

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:14 pm

Nothing has been announced yet officially so we cannot provide any advice at all. It is all media buzz at this moment based on the given intentions of the government to curb the high levels of migration. Any rule changes are expected to be announced next year, probably to come into effect from April 2024. You have to wait until the home office provides the details of any changes next year. We will cover all changes here when announced, so wait until then
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

LanceUK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Finance Requirments ILR

Post by LanceUK » Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:26 am

Hello there,

We are applying for my wife's settlement using the 5 year route, and wondered if you could advise on something.

When filling in the financial requirements we both meet them collectively, so on the application online, do we both declare the option x amount under the threshold? I'm assuming the home office will see we both earn enough together?

Kind regards

Lance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Finance Requirments ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:06 am

LanceUK wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:26 am
Hello there,

We are applying for my wife's settlement using the 5 year route, and wondered if you could advise on something.

When filling in the financial requirements we both meet them collectively, so on the application online, do we both declare the option x amount under the threshold? I'm assuming the home office will see we both earn enough together?

Kind regards

Lance
In theory, UKVI will look at the evidence provided to make a decision. I am not sure how to enter this on the form as the online forms regularly change and it is not possible to track these changes. I belive you could enter them separately
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

LanceUK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR - Change of Address & BRP

Post by LanceUK » Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:34 am

Good afternoon,

Wondered if you could help with a couple of things again.

My wife is just about to submit her ILR application and we are confused and concerned on a couple of things.

My wife's BRP runs out 7th July so next month, however she has received an email to apply for the new e BRP, and this now says it will expire in December, so which date would I put on the application as her brp expire date, her original date or the new one on the e-brp?

Lastly, we are due to move to another property in a few weeks, would I have to declare that, or does that not matter as we still still be in the same address of the application until a decision has been made.

Really appreciate your assistance on this as always.

Regards
Lance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Change of Address & BRP

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:33 pm

You will provide the expiry date as it is on the card. The end of year expiry for BRPs often applies to ILR BRP cards as they are being phased out and only to people who do not have any visa time limit (ILR holders)

See: Information on eVisas as all BPRs will be phased out from 1st Jan 2025

If you are changing your address while having a pending application, you should update the UKVI: https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

LanceUK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Change of Address & BRP

Post by LanceUK » Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:26 pm

Thank you for that, very much appreciated :)