ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application withdrawn due to travel outside CTA area

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jossy07
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR application withdrawn due to travel outside CTA area

Post by Jossy07 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:45 pm

Please help!!
My application for ILR was withdraw because I travelled five days after submitting online. I had paid for priority services which was booked for the 31st May. I travelled on the 18th May to Spain and returned on the 20th May. I attended my biometrics appointment and nothing was said about withdrawn.
I got an application update email at labour 2:40pm saying that my application was withdrawn on the 18th of May, I still have my current leave to remain expiring in November 2024.
Please will the home office refund my money??? Can I apply immediately again?
Does anyone have experience of such incident :cry: :cry: :cry:

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: ILR application withdrawn due to travel outside CFA area

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:10 pm

You won't get any refund of either the application fee or the priority service, as you attended the biometrics appointment.
Refunds will not be issued if the application is withdrawn in the following circumstances:
    after the customer has attended a mandatory appointment at an application centre and enrolled their biometric information in person
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... policy.pdf
    Withdrawn applications – travel outside the CTA

If an applicant has applied for permission to stay and travels outside the common travel area (CTA) before a decision has been made on their application, you must treat the application as withdrawn on the date the applicant left the CTA.
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ations.pdf

UKVCAS staff - the ones who took your biometrics - are not UKVI caseworkers, they won't inform you about your application status or what you can and can't do.

You could have cancelled your application before attending biometrics - if e.g. you had to travel for an emergency - and get a full refund.

A new application can be submitted immediately.
    Last edited by lolo2 on Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jossy07
    Newly Registered
    United Kingdom

Post by Jossy07 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:14 pm

Thank you for your response :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I feel so devastated having to lose such amount of money.
    Will I be able to apply immediately? As my current leave expires on the 29th November 2024. Do I need to give it time again?

lolo2
    Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:22 pm

No need to wait to submit a fresh application, it can be done anytime from now and before your current leave expires.

Just ensure to don't plan any travel outside the UK while it's processing.

zimba
    Mood:
    United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:13 pm

Jossy07 wrote:
    Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:45 pm
    Please help!!
    My application for ILR was withdraw because I travelled five days after submitting online. I had paid for priority services which was booked for the 31st May. I travelled on the 18th May to Spain and returned on the 20th May. I attended my biometrics appointment and nothing was said about withdrawn.
    I got an application update email at labour 2:40pm saying that my application was withdrawn on the 18th of May, I still have my current leave to remain expiring in November 2024.
    Please will the home office refund my money??? Can I apply immediately again?
    Does anyone have experience of such incident :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Paragraph 34K of the rules makes it very clear this will happen. :!:
    You will not get a refund as per the procedures but your current visa remains valid. You may apply again. Next time follow the rules.

Online applications, UKVCAS appointments, eVisa & BRP queries - Read before you post
    Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vinny

Re: ILR application withdrawn due to travel outside CTA area

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:32 am

Caught by 34K.
    This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
    Respected Guru
    United Kingdom

Re: ILR application withdrawn due to travel outside CTA area

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:10 pm

It amazes that despite the repeated information on 34k available on this forum and readily, people are still getting caught out.
    Don't travel if you have not receive decision on immigration applications!