ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a CoS be reused if the worker withdraws the visa application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

somwouldnever
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Can a CoS be reused if the worker withdraws the visa application

Post by somwouldnever » Wed May 29, 2024 7:02 am

I have a few questions regarding my application -
I am currently on a student visa which expires in october
Me and my sponsor were unaware of the fact that the start date of the CoS cannot be before my course end date. Hence once I submitted my application, the HO wanted proof of me having completed my studies. The uni won't issue a letter stating the same until the end of my course even though I have practically finished all my coursework and modules. My CoS status is still assigned as a decision has not been made yet.

I have therefore three options -
1. withdraw my application and reapply with a new CoS with a rectified starting and end date.
2. Withdraw and reapply with the same CoS but with a sponsor note stating the rectified starting and end date
3. Do not withdraw but issue a cover letter to the HO asking if the employer can still add a sponsor note with rectified start date, could the caseworker reconsider my application with a new start date.

Which one of the three options do you think is best for me.

Please let me know if any of the above three options are incorrect or contain misinformation as this is based on my own research

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Can a CoS be reused if the worker withdraws the visa application

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:54 am

Option 1 is the best and safest. That ensures you get a clean slate and no complications.

Option 2 - is a possibility but it has risks attached. The COS would probably go out of date anyway.

Option 3 - Home Office would not allow this.