ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Single mum(ILR) child dependent visa ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

glg
Newly Registered
Philippines

Single mum(ILR) child dependent visa ILR

Post by glg » Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:15 pm

Good day,

I am a single mum on a tier 2/ skilled visa entry.
I recently received my ILR.
I have proved to the immigration that I am the sole responsible for my daughter when I applied for her to come here to the UK September of last year, 2023.

I am concern if I can apply for my daughter’s ILR even with her less than a year here in the UK as I am the sole responsible and with my ILR status. Her father is in our home country and not on ILR (obviously) as we are separated long time ago.

Kind regards,

glg

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Single mum(ILR) child dependent visa ILR

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:14 pm

Sole parental responsibility means that one parent has abdicated or abandoned parental responsibility, and the remaining parent is exercising sole control in setting and providing the day-to-day direction for the child’s welfare. Children do NOT have any minimum residence requirement for ILR and they can settle with a parent who has sole responsibility, in the same application. In your case, the child should settle separately using from SET(F)

There are specific factors that will be considered in assessing sole responsibility:

•Whether the parents are married/in a civil partnership
•If the marriage/civil partnership is dissolved – which parent was awarded legal custody
•If the sponsoring parent has migrated to the UK – how long have they been separated from the child and what relationship they have with the child
•If the sponsoring parent has migrated to the UK, the nature of the child’s care arrangements before and after they migrated
•Who bears the child’s maintenance costs and at what proportion
•Who makes the important decisions about the child’s upbringing, for example, where the child lives, which school they attend, etc

Check out the 'Sole parental responsibility' section in this guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... tances.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

glg
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by glg » Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:40 pm

Thank you for your response @Zimba.
It has been really helpful.
In addition, I have proved sole responsibility when I applied for my daughter to come here even though my status is still married with ongoing process of dissolution of marriage.

May I know the following forms of documents to prove sole parental responsibility evidence to provide?

Kind regards
Germaine

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:35 pm

Please go through the guide I shared with you above. It goes into details of how this is assessed and what they expect to see
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice