ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

afriley

Re: Citizenship application query

Post by afriley » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:38 pm

Great I’ll input the Employer PAYE ref number then.

afriley

Post by afriley » Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:12 am

Silly question maybe but for “previous applications” do I need to add the ILR one as well or is that a given as I am supplying my ILR BRP number elsewhere on the form anyway?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:25 am

afriley wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:12 am
Silly question maybe but for “previous applications” do I need to add the ILR one as well or is that a given as I am supplying my ILR BRP number elsewhere on the form anyway?
ILR is an immigration application - include it.
Rule should be to answer everything completely unless stated otherwise.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:49 pm

afriley wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:12 am
Include ILR and any other visa/immigration applications (except for visiting visa)
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

afriley

Post by afriley » Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:07 pm

Gotcha.

On some trips I left on one day and arrived in the UK on the next (late flights with arrival after midnight). I assume no need to provide flight bookings, just enter the relevant dates and they will figure it out via the passport stamps?

(Sorry, probably overthinking).

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:17 pm

Yes no need to provide tickets. If you traveled out on one day and were back the next that owuldn't count as an absence as the day you leave the UK and the day you enter the UK don't count towards your absence total.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

afriley

Post by afriley » Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:21 pm

No I mean for example I left France where I was on holiday in the 01/02 and arrived in the UK on the 02/02, just after midnight.

So not a one day trip but rather a longer trip with departure from the foreign country and arrival in the UK falling in different days.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:34 pm

Ah i see. Date of entering the UK is what counts. Still no need to provide tickets - if you want you can explain in a cover note.

afriley

Post by afriley » Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:35 pm

Yep that’s what I entered. I assume no need for tickets etc?

I’m well within the 450/90 day limit anyway.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:37 pm

As I stated above, no need for tickets.

afriley

Post by afriley » Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:56 pm

All done and submitted.

Wanted to thank everyone for their help.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:27 pm

afriley wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:56 pm
All done and submitted.

Wanted to thank everyone for their help.
Best of luck.

afriley

Post by afriley » Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:29 pm

Argh despite checking three times I spotted a small error with my mother’s place of birth - I wrote X region rather than just X (town).

I’ll add a note before biometrics to correct this, but I assume no big deal?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:17 pm

Absolutely no issue, I got my mother's nationality wrong ... the reason for parents' details is that in some cases applicants are already British through their parents but don't realise it (yes it has happened). In that case UKVI would have to return the application as invalid.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

afriley

Post by afriley » Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:19 pm

Hah, on dear! Yeah thanks. Thanks reassuring.

RR6
Newly Registered
India

Post by RR6 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:47 pm

Hi, I have just submitted my citizenship application online and made the payment/booked biometric appointment as well. My husband is a British citizen so applying on spouse route. I was just going through my downloaded application and noticed that under details of trip outside I’m only supposed to include trips outside UK in the three years before date of application but I have added details of trip from Jan2020. This wasn’t required as I only need to provide details from Jun2021. I think I was a bit confused as I received my ILR in Jan2023 and was backdating from date of receiving my ILR. Is this going to cause problems for my application? I have been physically present 3 years from date of application. I’m worried the case worker would get confused looking at the additional trip details from Jan2020. Can I write a cover letter asking them to ignore that trip? Please advise

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:59 pm

RR6 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:47 pm
Hi, I have just submitted my citizenship application online and made the payment/booked biometric appointment as well. My husband is a British citizen so applying on spouse route. I was just going through my downloaded application and noticed that under details of trip outside I’m only supposed to include trips outside UK in the three years before date of application but I have added details of trip from Jan2020. This wasn’t required as I only need to provide details from Jun2021. I think I was a bit confused as I received my ILR in Jan2023 and was backdating from date of receiving my ILR. Is this going to cause problems for my application? I have been physically present 3 years from date of application. I’m worried the case worker would get confused looking at the additional trip details from Jan2020. Can I write a cover letter asking them to ignore that trip? Please advise
Please don't tag your questions onto the another member's thread. It's not only unfair to the original poster, it also confuses confusion.
Please wait for advice in your own topic
viewtopic.php?t=347884
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.