ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR if leaving the country temporarily

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AWW
Newly Registered
Scotland

ILR if leaving the country temporarily

Post by AWW » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:30 pm

Hi All would really appreciate any advice

My wife has been in the UK on a spouse visa since September 2019. Original plan was to apply for ILR, however we have recently agreed to undertake a work assignment in China for the next 2 years and are in the process of moving (we work for the same company)

My question is - is it possible to apply for ILR even though we will be living in China within the next few weeks? We can demonstrate that our intention is to permanently live in the UK once the two years are up - for example we could provide a letter form our employer, we have a joint mortgage in the UK, and we have a son who is a UK citizen

Or do we need to start again with 2 x 2.5year Spouse Visas when we return in 2 years time?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR if leaving the country temporarily

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:44 pm

I think you should try to get ILR. You do not need to prove much in the ILR process. As long as you visit the UK and do not stay away for more than 24 months, ILR status will be maintained. I suggest applying for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice