ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling abroad after skilled worker visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Technicalrob
Newly Registered
India

Travelling abroad after skilled worker visa

Post by Technicalrob » Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:11 pm

Hi All,

I am currently on a skilled worker visa which is expiring in Oct 2024. I have found another employer and I have submitted my skilled worker application.

As soon as I get the application decision, I'll give in my notice to my current employer. The bit that I need help is with this: as part of my current work, I will be travelling 2 weeks abroad end of July. Assuming I get sw decision successfully and received the new BRP and also gave in my notice. Can I still travel abroad for current work in July as this is within my notice period?

I also have a second question: Once I get the BRP for my new employer and after I finish working in my notice with my current employer, can I fly abroad to see family for a couple of weeks and then come back and join work my new work?

More info:
CoS start date: 05/08/2024

Any help would be kindly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Rob

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling abroad after skilled worker visa

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:41 am

Technicalrob wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:11 pm
Hi All,

I am currently on a skilled worker visa which is expiring in Oct 2024. I have found another employer and I have submitted my skilled worker application.

As soon as I get the application decision, I'll give in my notice to my current employer. The bit that I need help is with this: as part of my current work, I will be travelling 2 weeks abroad end of July. Assuming I get sw decision successfully and received the new BRP and also gave in my notice. Can I still travel abroad for current work in July as this is within my notice period? You can still carry out all your duties, roles and responsibilities to current employer within the notice period.

I also have a second question: Once I get the BRP for my new employer and after I finish working in my notice with my current employer, can I fly abroad to see family for a couple of weeks and then come back and join work my new work? Nothing stops you so far you have valid leave.

More info:
CoS start date: 05/08/2024

Any help would be kindly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Rob

Technicalrob
Newly Registered
India

Post by Technicalrob » Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:34 am

Thanks for your reply!

I just wasn't sure if new/old employer needs to update any records. My main worry is that when I am entering back to the UK after leaving for work trip, I may get stopped or questioned as my BRP sponsor is my new employer and not the current employer

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:42 am

Technicalrob wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:34 am
Thanks for your reply!

I just wasn't sure if new/old employer needs to update any records. My main worry is that when I am entering back to the UK after leaving for work trip, I may get stopped or questioned as my BRP sponsor is my new employer and not the current employer
As you said you will still be serving out your notice time how does it be an issue?