ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension questions...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mylee92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Spouse visa extension questions...

Post by Mylee92 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:28 pm

Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for my husbands spouse extension for another 2.5 years. His visa is expiring on 10.8.24.

I have a few questions, if someone could advise me.

1. He arrived in the UK on 26.11.21, the BRP issue date is 3.11.21, and letter that he got with the visa says its valid from 10.11.21. I will be submitting application on 20.07.24 so 21 days before expiring. Hoping we can get all documents uploaded and biometrics done before BRP expires. Is this ok?

2. We were going to use Category A and supply 6 payslips, however he left his old job 4 months ago. So we will supply 12 payslips for Category B combing his old and new job payslips. He does not have his old employment contract, and old employer will not give letter to confirm his employment details as the employment ended on bad terms. He has 4 payslips from his new job, contract and letter to confirm his pay and details. He has P60 and P45 for his old job.
Will this be ok?

3. Our tenancy agreement was issued by the estate agents which became a rolling contract after. The estate agents sold the property and we then had new landlord who has not given us a new tenancy agreement. We have old TA which is now 2 years and 3 months old. Our rent amount has since increased, and is now paid to our new landlords account. Can we use that old TA or try and get a new TA? If so, will we need to include old TA to show where our rent was paid before? Or can we explain in cover letter?

4. Can we show some letters e.g. NI issue letter and gp registeration letter which was issued when we lived in my brothers house?
Can we mix correspondence from two addresses?

Many thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension questions...

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:16 pm

Mylee92 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:28 pm
Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for my husbands spouse extension for another 2.5 years. His visa is expiring on 10.8.24.

1. He arrived in the UK on 26.11.21, the BRP issue date is 3.11.21, and letter that he got with the visa says its valid from 10.11.21. I will be submitting application on 20.07.24 so 21 days before expiring. Hoping we can get all documents uploaded and biometrics done before BRP expires. Is this ok? Anytime before expiring is OK. It's a renewal. Biometrics can be done even after BRP expires. Application must be made "before" BRP expires.

2. We were going to use Category A and supply 6 payslips, however he left his old job 4 months ago. So we will supply 12 payslips for Category B combing his old and new job payslips. He does not have his old employment contract, and old employer will not give letter to confirm his employment details as the employment ended on bad terms. He has 4 payslips from his new job, contract and letter to confirm his pay and details. He has P60 and P45 for his old job.
Will this be ok? That should be fine. If you work, you could have just used yours as well. Either way, it's OK

3. Our tenancy agreement was issued by the estate agents which became a rolling contract after. The estate agents sold the property and we then had new landlord who has not given us a new tenancy agreement. We have old TA which is now 2 years and 3 months old. Our rent amount has since increased, and is now paid to our new landlords account. Can we use that old TA or try and get a new TA? If so, will we need to include old TA to show where our rent was paid before? Or can we explain in cover letter? You can use your old TA. HO is none the wiser as you still live at the same address.

4. Can we show some letters e.g. NI issue letter and gp registeration letter which was issued when we lived in my brothers house?
Can we mix correspondence from two addresses? Yep you can. The deal is to see that you've been living together as man and wife akin to marriage. Not that you should have been at the same residence throughout your immigration journey.

Many thanks
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Mylee92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mylee92 » Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:02 am

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:16 pm
Mylee92 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:28 pm
Hi all,

1. He arrived in the UK on 26.11.21, the BRP issue date is 3.11.21, and letter that he got with the visa says its valid from 10.11.21. I will be submitting application on 20.07.24 so 21 days before expiring. Hoping we can get all documents uploaded and biometrics done before BRP expires. Is this ok? Anytime before expiring is OK. It's a renewal. Biometrics can be done even after BRP expires. Application must be made "before" BRP expires.

Will this be ok? That should be fine. If you work, you could have just used yours as well. Either way, it's OK

3. Our tenancy agreement was issued by the estate agents which became a rolling contract after. The estate agents sold the property and we then had new landlord who has not given us a new tenancy agreement. We have old TA which is now 2 years and 3 months old. Our rent amount has since increased, and is now paid to our new landlords account. Can we use that old TA or try and get a new TA? If so, will we need to include old TA to show where our rent was paid before? Or can we explain in cover letter? You can use your old TA. HO is none the wiser as you still live at the same address.

Can we mix correspondence from two addresses? Yep you can. The deal is to see that you've been living together as man and wife akin to marriage. Not that you should have been at the same residence throughout your immigration journey.

Many thanks
Hi ticktack,

Thanks for answering my questions.

I am still unsure about the TA as the old one has our old rent amount and estate agents details. Do you think I can ask my current landlord to write a letter to confirm their details
our current rent and submit the old TA with the letter?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:28 am

If you can do that, then that's fine. The fact that you're still at the same residence is what the HO would look at. Not sure they have the manpower to check whom the current owner of the property is, or what your current rent rate is.

But the important bit is to do what you're comfortable with, to help you sleep at night.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Mylee92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mylee92 » Thu Aug 08, 2024 5:10 pm

Hi all.
Can anyone help with my query. Husband has biometrics appointment on 20.08.2024. Visa expiring on 10.08.2024.
I am gathering all documents in the meantime to upload.

Using CAT B for FLR M (12 month payslips July 2023 to July 2024)
[ ] Husband was suspended on 19.03.2024, pending an internal investigation and was classed as a temporary suspension.
[ ] He handed in his resignation for that job on 20.03.2024.
[ ] Started his new job on 29.03.2024.

I need some clarification in regards to his payslips.
His payslips for both jobs from January this year are as follows:
31st January - £1865.30 (Job A)
29th February - £1906.72 (Job A)
19th March - (suspended pending investigation)
20th March - resignation given to employer
28th March - £1786.19 (Job A)
19th April - £965.16 (Job B)
30th April - £1096.75 (Job A)
17th May - £1661.26 (Job B)
14th June - £1660.86 (Job B)
12th July - £1583.54 (Job B)

His P45 states his leaving date as 06.04.2024. I put down his leaving date on application as 19.03.2024 (day he was suspended and never went back). What date should I have put here?
He got paid twice in April from old and current job. How do I explain this in cover letter, or will P45 and P60 from old job be enough?

Any errors I will be explaining in a cover letter. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:25 am

Either of the date you put is a difference from POV of subject so not an issue a line in cover letter can not address.

As you are using Cat B, getting income twice in a month not a problem, most CW would have seen similar or more before.

Mylee92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mylee92 » Fri Aug 09, 2024 2:45 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:25 am
Either of the date you put is a difference from POV of subject so not an issue a line in cover letter can not address.

As you are using Cat B, getting income twice in a month not a problem, most CW would have seen similar or more before.
Thanks for replying AmazonianX. Just to double check, so both payslips need to be supplied for April 2024? Either way, the case worker will see salary paid into bank account. And also, the cover letter I can just state that the last day of employment was (28th March) as per the notice period but not actually worked as technically suspended but with pay?

Any further advice for this.
TIA

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 09, 2024 2:58 am

Mylee92 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 2:45 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:25 am

Thanks for replying AmazonianX. Just to double check, so both payslips need to be supplied for April 2024? Correct Either way, the case worker will see salary paid into bank account. And also, the cover letter I can just state that the last day of employment was (28th March) as per the notice period but not actually worked as technically suspended but with pay? Yes, Not a problem.

Any further advice for this.
TIA

Mylee92
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mylee92 » Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:18 am

You are a life saver🙂
Thanks so much for your valuable input, really appreciate it.

God bless.