ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancellation of my GTV and resubmission

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

astronomin
Newly Registered
Korea South

Cancellation of my GTV and resubmission

Post by astronomin » Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:50 pm

I would appreciate if you please consider my question:

I initially applied for a 1-year GTV extension for myself and my two dependents (my wife and infant son) on 2nd July. However, I realized that 1-year might not be enough for ilr application so immediately withdrew (cancelled) this application via https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml I also cancelled UKVAS thus have not attended to provide biometric/documentation. However, I don't have any information on my cancellation/withdrawal so far. I also didn't find any email/contact about this issue. Do you think if I need to contact them again to confirm my cancellation? Or sending a withdrawal form is already enough? They also informed me that I can ask for the "progress request" if I don't get any email or contact from UKVI within 10 days, but as I said, I don't find any email/contact number.

Fyi, I resubmitted a new one for a 2-year GTV extension on 4th July and already provided my biometrics and documentation. Also, the IHS fee for me and my dependents has been paid in full already. Do you think the decision will be made soon after IHS full payments? I am asking you because just wanted to know the start day of my extension, either it is the expiry date of my previous visa? or the start day they processed my visa?

Thank you so much for your answer!

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Cancellation of my GTV and resubmission

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:37 am

astronomin wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:50 pm
Do you think if I need to contact them again to confirm my cancellation? Or sending a withdrawal form is already enough?
You should have received a withdraw confirmation number like AB123456 after the request was submitted. No need to contact them to update on this, the fees paid will be automatically refunded.
astronomin wrote:
Do you think the decision will be made soon after IHS full payments? I am asking you because just wanted to know the start day of my extension, either it is the expiry date of my previous visa? or the start day they processed my visa?
IHS is paid when the application is submitted. The decision is made after you provide biometrics.

The visa will start from the date of decision.

astronomin
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by astronomin » Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:21 am

lolo2 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:37 am
astronomin wrote:
Do you think if I need to contact them again to confirm my cancellation? Or sending a withdrawal form is already enough?
You should have received a withdraw confirmation number like AB123456 after the request was submitted. No need to contact them to update on this, the fees paid will be automatically refunded.

-> I received a confirmation "record number" (ROD1111111) on the last page of my withdrawal submission, but not via email. Is this sufficient? If so, I'll wait a few more days for further communication. I'm concerned as this involves a significant amount of money for me and my two dependents.
astronomin wrote:
Do you think the decision will be made soon after IHS full payments? I am asking you because just wanted to know the start day of my extension, either it is the expiry date of my previous visa? or the start day they processed my visa?
IHS is paid when the application is submitted. The decision is made after you provide biometrics.

The visa will start from the date of decision.

-> I mistakenly used my previous IHS number first (I used the previous IHS, but I had no idea which IHS had to be submitted), but they contacted me to pay the two-year top-up. At that time, biometrics/photos are already provided by attending a meeting of UKVAS. So, Now I'm awaiting their decision. I withdrew my initial one-year application due to concerns about the new visa's start date potentially affecting my future ILR application timing, and I think I made the right choice.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:02 pm

For the refund, no need to do anything, it's automatically given to the original form of payment. However, that process may take some time, you need to be patient.

A withdrawn application has no impact on the others.

You cannot reuse the IHS previously paid, all the fees need to be paid in every application submitted. Also bear in mind that dependants can apply for ILR after 5 years of continuous residence as dependants.

astronomin
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by astronomin » Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:28 pm

For those who are worried about the cancellation and refund fee of the GTV application.

1. I sent the cancellation form on 4th Jul from https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
2. I also cancelled the corresponding appointment at UKVAS, so not providing my biometric information regarding this application (I've resubmitted immediately and provided my biometrics to the new application).
3. I've got the confirmation email finally on 12th July.

"You have stated in your request of 04 July 2024 that you want to withdraw your application for Globe Talent. Your application is therefore recorded as withdrawn on 12 July 2024. You will receive refund for application fee in due course"

4. On 19th July, I finally got the refund!

ps. It seems like that refund is so hassle, taking so long (also so blurred information; no response email; no corresponding email as well) but will be done as long as we are not providing biometric information at UKVAS.

Hope this helps.