ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR LR documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london4527
Newly Registered
United States of America

Working while application is pending?

Post by london4527 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:00 pm

Hi - I'm currently in the UK on a Skilled Worker Visa, but I'm applying for ILR (LR) in August. To complicate things, I've been made redundant from my current job and have a new job lined up to start in September. I was planning to use the super priority service to make this timeline work, but I've been checking every day and the super priority service hasn't been available for weeks now (checking multiple times a day, including at 1 am BST). If it doesn't become available is it OK to start the new job while my ILR application is pending? Otherwise I'm looking at having to be unemployed for up to six months!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Working while application is pending?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:04 pm

If it doesn't become available is it OK to start the new job while my ILR application is pending?
No you cannot start your new job until you have ILR.

While an application is pending, your existing skilled worker visa conditions apply, you can only work for your skilled worker sponsor obvs if still employed.

Also note that super priority is not a guaranteed service either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:13 pm

You also can apply for a Skilled Worker visa with the new employer - provided they're a licensed sponsor - and then apply for ILR in the future.

Still need to wait for the approval before start working, but the response times for a SWV application are shorter than for ILR.

london4527
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by london4527 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:04 pm
If it doesn't become available is it OK to start the new job while my ILR application is pending?

While an application is pending, your existing skilled worker visa conditions apply, you can only work for your skilled worker sponsor obvs if still employed.

Thanks for the quick reply! Just to clarify - the restriction of working for my sponsoring employer exists even once I've been made redundant and am no longer employed?

london4527
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by london4527 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:20 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:13 pm
You also can apply for a Skilled Worker visa with the new employer - provided they're a licensed sponsor - and then apply for ILR in the future.

Still need to wait for the approval before start working, but the response times for a SWV application are shorter than for ILR.
Thanks for the advice. Sadly they don't sponsor but I could explore the family visa route as my partner already has ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:36 pm

london4527 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:18 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:04 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Just to clarify - the restriction of working for my sponsoring employer exists even once I've been made redundant and am no longer employed?
Yes, the same rule still applies as you hold a sponsored work visa. Working for anyone other than you visa sponsor while on a skilled workser visa is a breach of your visa conditions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:38 pm

london4527 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:20 pm
lolo2 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Sadly they don't sponsor but I could explore the family visa route as my partner already has ILR.
If you switch visa routes your ILR clock will be reset to zero.

I would try finding a sponsor instead of changing visa types.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:06 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:38 pm
london4527 wrote:
lolo2 wrote:

The OP is applying for ILR based on long residence and not skilled worker 5 years route!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:09 pm

lolo2 wrote:
london4527 wrote:
lolo2 wrote:

The OP is aiming for the long residence so the ILR clock is less important for him I assume
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:10 pm

Noted, missed the LR bit.

In that case they have room to switch between routes.

london4527
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by london4527 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:21 pm

lolo2 wrote:
london4527 wrote:
lolo2 wrote:

Thanks, but I’m applying via the long-residence 10 year route so switching categories shouldn’t be a problem.

london4527
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR LR documents

Post by london4527 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:16 am

I'm preparing to submit my application for ILR (LR) and I've been asked to provide documents to prove my relationship (marriage certificate, utility bills, etc). I've seen several posters saying that these documents aren't necessary and are the result of an automatically generated checklist. I just wanted to triple check that I DO NOT need to submit any documents to prove my relationship for LR? And I only need to provide my current and previous passports covering the past ten years?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR LR documents

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:46 am

london4527 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:16 am
I'm preparing to submit my application for ILR (LR) and I've been asked to provide documents to prove my relationship (marriage certificate, utility bills, etc). I've seen several posters saying that these documents aren't necessary and are the result of an automatically generated checklist. I just wanted to triple check that I DO NOT need to submit any documents to prove my relationship for LR? And I only need to provide my current and previous passports covering the past ten years?
There is no need to provide relationship documents. The are irrelevant for SET(LR)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

london4527
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: ILR LR documents

Post by london4527 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:13 pm

zimba wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:46 am
london4527 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:16 am
There is no need to provide relationship documents. The are irrelevant for SET(LR)
OK great, thanks for confirming!