ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visit visa decision

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Iham85
Newly Registered
Iraq

Parents visit visa decision

Post by Iham85 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:59 pm

Dear team,

Im looking for an advice here please.

It is very strange situation that we were left in.

My parents have recently applied for a 2 year visit visa to come to the UK. However, they were issued with a single entry 2 months visa instead.

This is their second application as they were issued with a 6 months visit visa last year. They came to visit me in the UK on a 6 months visit visa in 2023 and stayed with me for 6 weeks. They complied with immigration laws and had no issues. My father is a professor who is still working in his home country.

The HO decision letter states that on the previous application, Mr. And Mrs stated that they will enter the UK through airport A and leave the UK by the end of their visit through airport A ( based on the tentative flight booking used for the application). However, our records show that Mr and Mrs arrived to the UK through airport B and left the UK through airport B ( A and B are different cities in the UK).

My parents have clearly stated on both applications that they are coming to visit me and for tourism.

We understand there is no ground to appeal for a visit visa, but the decision felt unfair. Is there something that we can do? Could an administration review helps here? The visa was no refused but was issued for a very limited period with no clear reasons .

Regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Parents visit visa decision

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:52 am

Iham85 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:59 pm
Dear team,

Im looking for an advice here please.

It is very strange situation that we were left in.

My parents have recently applied for a 2 year visit visa to come to the UK. However, they were issued with a single entry 2 months visa instead.

This is their second application as they were issued with a 6 months visit visa last year. They came to visit me in the UK on a 6 months visit visa in 2023 and stayed with me for 6 weeks. They complied with immigration laws and had no issues. My father is a professor who is still working in his home country.

The HO decision letter states that on the previous application, Mr. And Mrs stated that they will enter the UK through airport A and leave the UK by the end of their visit through airport A ( based on the tentative flight booking used for the application). However, our records show that Mr and Mrs arrived to the UK through airport B and left the UK through airport B ( A and B are different cities in the UK).

My parents have clearly stated on both applications that they are coming to visit me and for tourism.

We understand there is no ground to appeal for a visit visa, but the decision felt unfair. Is there something that we can do? Could an administration review helps here? The visa was no refused but was issued for a very limited period with no clear reasons .

Regards
I've never heard of a UK 2 months visa before. Common with the Schengen visa and US visa, but not the UK.

I don't even think you have to mention what airport you're entering the UK from in your application. Did your parents overdo it in their application.
Applications are government documents and should be taken seriously. That's why one has to be careful what they type in there.

Having said all that, you can try sending them a mail and explaining yourself and that it isn't fair. They've taken such a huge amount of money from you guys and made it unappealing to even make the journey.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Iham85
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Iham85 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:27 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Don’t think we overdone it at all. We sought professional help as well from a solicitor at the time of application.

HO issued 2 months single entry visa as why parents entered the UK through a different airport and not the one they used on their provisional flight tickets (to show travel arrangements for visa application).

Its quite unfair and unjustified as when my parents prepare their documents to apply for a visa, they don’t pay for flights tickets as they don’t guarantee the visa will be issued and don’t know the time they receive their passports back.

When the got the visa, they just went and booked the most convenient flight to travel to the UK which was to a different airport. They didn’t overstayed , as they visited us only once for 50 days on a 6 month visit visa.

We were told there is no refund and apparently visit visa has no grounds for appeal 😔😔.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:09 am

Iham85 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:27 pm
Thank you for your reply.

Don’t think we overdone it at all. We sought professional help as well from a solicitor at the time of application.

HO issued 2 months single entry visa as why parents entered the UK through a different airport and not the one they used on their provisional flight tickets (to show travel arrangements for visa application).

Its quite unfair and unjustified as when my parents prepare their documents to apply for a visa, they don’t pay for flights tickets as they don’t guarantee the visa will be issued and don’t know the time they receive their passports back.

When the got the visa, they just went and booked the most convenient flight to travel to the UK which was to a different airport. They didn’t overstayed , as they visited us only once for 50 days on a 6 month visit visa.

We were told there is no refund and apparently visit visa has no grounds for appeal 😔😔.
Read and left this strange decision to sink in. Never came across this type of situation.
For the previous application, noted you wrote tentative flight booking. While this is not required to be provided for the application I.e. flight booking whether tentative or confirmed, using another airport should not be a reason for such outcome on subsequent application. Such high handedness from the ECO/CW uncalled for, to what standard was the application held to for persons who made previous visit without overstay or any breach of visa conditions as stated by you.
Lodge a complaint giving details about previous visa, provisional/tentative flight booking and how reference was made to it in recent decision. Ask that the full period requested in the most recent application be granted.
Do keep the thread updated.