ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Netherlands with my minor son | Indian | Netherlands

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

msheth22
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Travel to Netherlands with my minor son | Indian | Netherlands

Post by msheth22 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:03 pm

Hi,

I am a dutch national and my wife is Indian national. We have our baby born in India. The baby is born to one dutch and one indian parent so has both nationalities. We took the Indian passport. As per the rules of Indian passport, we cannot have any other passport or else Indian passport becomes invalid. Currently we want to go back to Netherlands as our home is setup there but we plan to move back to India permanently in 6 months. We don’t want to take dutch passport just for 6 months. So now we are stuck. As we want to grow the child in India, we want to keep Indian passport. Netherlands is denying an MVV. What other options I have to travel to Netherlands once

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Travel to Netherlands with my minor son | Indian | Netherlands

Post by Angel99 » Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:26 pm

Hi,

This the best advise to you. You only get this free on this forum!!!!

1. Since you don't plan to live in Nederlands for more than 6 months, the only easiest option is travelling to Belguim with the free EU freemovement visa for your spouse, child and living next to the Belgain-Dutch border.

2.They have rights to live in another EU country just as any EU citizen except Nederlands, the visa is assured and you only need 5 documents ( Marriage cert, birth cert, their passports/yours or your I.D and reserved flight itinerary)

3. For first 3 months they don't need to register or apply for anything. They have unlimited stay in EU but 3 months max in each EU country including Nederlands if they don't want to register. Unless you apply as a job seeker, with sufficient funds and health insurance with their job center then it extends to 6 months.

**You and your family can go to Nederlands and stay there 3 months while you are living in Belguim registered or not with the EU family member visa (whether valid or expired).

However if you decide to live more than 3 months in Belguim, they have to register their residence with you there

and apply for

**F card (family member of an EU citizen)

**You need to be employed for them to apply for residence in Belguim if you decide to stay there more than 3 months unless as i mentioned before on number 3.

(If you don't want to work in Belguim, you can be a cross border worker between BEL and NL while your residence is registered in Belguim.)

**If you decide to move to Nederlands after living in Belguim for atleast 6 months, Dutch national law will no longer be applied to your spouse and child. They will no longer need an MVV but can apply directly with the IND for EU family member residence card with less requirements.

msheth22
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by msheth22 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:12 am

Thanks a lot for your response Angen99. I really appreciate it!!!.

So the reason for them to not give the MVV was that he was already a dutch citizen and MVV was for people who have temporary rights. I am afraid if they can say the same for the free movement visa? Then my son is already a dutch citizen so why should we give him visa.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:50 am

Since your child already has an Indian passport, he can't also be Dutch. Nederlands don't allow dual citizenship except with an exception but your son doesn't fall on.

In this case your child is not an EU citizen and is eligible for EU family member visa.

There can be reasons why they rejected his MVV
*You are not registered in Nederlands
*Insufficient funds
*Insufficient documents

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:12 am

The exception for your son not loosing the Dutch citizenship.

*You were born in the country whose citizenship you have acquired and that country was your principal country of residence when you acquired its citizenship.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:43 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:26 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:43 am
See also Dutch nationality law.
I believe if the child was born in India and that was his parent's residence before birth he doesn't loose his Dutch citizenship.

https://www.government.nl/topics/dutch- ... itizenship.