ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guardian Maintenance Fund

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Guardian Maintenance Fund

Post by manay » Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:24 pm

Dear Gurus,

I need your advices or opinion. It is very important for me. I applied independent college and my uncle was dealing all matter. College has issued the CAS Letter and mentioned on CAS Letter that i will live with my Uncle. I will be 16 years old on 14 August. Visa application asks question about Guardian to whom i will stay or foster Carer. If i say i will live with my Uncle. My uncle has to show £570x9: £5130 as a maintenance fund.
He has less money in his account. what shall i do now?
I have another uncle in UK and he has £5130 in his account for last 2 months. Can i ask college to put his name on CAS Letter or issue a letter for second uncle?
Please help me. second i do not know it is Child Student CAS or general Student CAS. They is Tier/category: Tier 4 (Student) written on CAS.
Thanks for reading and advance thanks for reply.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Guardian Maintenance Fund

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:03 am

manay wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:24 pm
My uncle has to show £570x9: £5130 as a maintenance fund.
manay wrote:
Tier/category: Tier 4 (Student) written on CAS.
If you are being sponsored for a Student visa, not a Child student visa, your uncle's money does not come into it. That is only relevant for a Child student visa and only if he is the "close relative" you are living with. For a Student visa it's only about your money or a parent's money. Strongly recommend that you ask the college for advice on your application, because you are confusing two totally different matters.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

manay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manay » Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:00 am

I do not know it is child student or general student CAS Letter. CAS letter shows Tier/Category: Tier 4 (Student).

Is it Child Student CAS or general no idea.

I will live with my uncle in UK. This is written on CAS Letter. My Uncle was relax that it is general student CAS Letter. Now when application form is filled this document (Uncle maintenance) is coming in required documents.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:01 am

Moreover, I think, from 1 December 2020, the “Tier 4” categories were replaced with:
Child Student” means a person who has, or had, permission under Appendix Child Student, Appendix CS: Child Student under the rules in force before 1 December 2020, or as a Tier 4 (Child) Student under the rules in force before 5 October 2020.

Student” means a person who has, or had, permission under Appendix Student, or Appendix ST: Student of the rules in force immediately before 1 December 2020, or as a Tier 4 (General) Student under the rules in force before 5 October 2020.
See also Assigning a CAS and How to assign a CAS.

I suspect the UKVI may also be confused about your category.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manay » Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:22 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:01 am
Moreover, I think, from 1 December 2020, the “Tier 4” categories were replaced with:
Child Student” means a person who has, or had, permission under Appendix Child Student, Appendix CS: Child Student under the rules in force before 1 December 2020, or as a Tier 4 (Child) Student under the rules in force before 5 October 2020.

Student” means a person who has, or had, permission under Appendix Student, or Appendix ST: Student of the rules in force immediately before 1 December 2020, or as a Tier 4 (General) Student under the rules in force before 5 October 2020.
See also Assigning a CAS and How to assign a CAS.

I suspect the UKVI may also be confused about your category.
CAS has been assigned. I think College can write an additional notes on CAS Letter and appoint my second uncle where i can live. This is what i got from Vinny Bhai Post and sponsor duties.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:31 am

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:03 am
If you are being sponsored for a Student visa, not a Child student visa, your uncle's money does not come into it. That is only relevant for a Child student visa and only if he is the "close relative" you are living with. For a Student visa it's only about your money or a parent's money. Strongly recommend that you ask the college for advice on your application, because you are confusing two totally different matters.
manay wrote:
Please help me. second i do not know it is Child Student CAS or general Student CAS. They is Tier/category: Tier 4 (Student) written on CAS.
Do ask your college to confirm your category (Child Student or Student) as their CAS was unclear.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

manay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manay » Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:09 am

I Think it is Child Student CAS. Requested for new CAS with uncle details. Hopefully this week they withdraw the existing one and issue new one.
My dependent (Skilled worker) visa was refused 10 month ago due to father status in UK. He has applied asylum and still pending. Will it impact my student visa? My mother is in UK and sponsorship of the funds is from her but she is another city. Appointed her brother my guardian. Parents are not living together. Separate but no legal documents of separation.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:52 am

A previous visa application refusal should not prevent you to obtain a Student visa.

I think you're mixing things here.

As advised before, it's better you discuss all these matters directly with the College and seek clarifications with them. They are better placed to give you instructions on what to do to complete your application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:45 am

manay wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:09 am
I Think it is Child Student CAS. Requested for new CAS with uncle details. Hopefully this week they withdraw the existing one and issue new one.
My dependent (Skilled worker) visa was refused 10 month ago due to father status in UK. He has applied asylum and still pending. Will it impact my student visa? My mother is in UK and sponsorship of the funds is from her but she is another city. Appointed her brother my guardian. Parents are not living together. Separate but no legal documents of separation.
Instead of "thinking" on matters you are unsure of, you have the College sponsoring your CAS and with a department solely for handling such matters as you are having. As earlier advised by @lolo2, seek clarifications, guidance from the wealth of experience of advisors from your college.

manay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manay » Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:09 pm

can same maintenance statement be used for my brother visa after having my visa decision? even extra maintenance is deposited in account within 10 days? using father statement. 16 year old and other just entered in 18 years.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:37 am

The 18-year old cannot apply for a Child student visa.
sah10406 wrote:
If you are being sponsored for a Student visa, not a Child student visa, your uncle's money does not come into it. That is only relevant for a Child student visa and only if he is the "close relative" you are living with. For a Student visa it's only about your money or a parent's money.

manay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manay » Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:31 pm

manay wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:09 pm
can same maintenance statement be used for my brother visa after having my visa decision? even extra maintenance is deposited in account within 10 days? using father statement. 16 year old and other just entered in 18 years.
I know 18 Years old can not apply Child. My question is
when my application is done and after me. can my brother apply student visa in same bank statement (maintenance fund statement) which i will use for my visa?

even funds are extra added and completed his maintenance on top of my

manay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manay » Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:39 pm

manay wrote:
when my application is done and after me. can my brother apply student visa in same bank statement (maintenance fund statement) which i will use for my visa?

even funds are extra added and completed his maintenance on top of my ?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:45 pm

manay wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:39 pm
can my brother apply student visa in same bank statement (maintenance fund statement) which i will use for my visa?

Your brother needs to get advice about his own application, ideally from his university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

manay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manay » Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:28 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:45 pm
manay wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:39 pm
can my brother apply student visa in same bank statement (maintenance fund statement) which i will use for my visa?

Your brother needs to get advice about his own application, ideally from his university.
He has foundation course and that college does not reply. No contact number avail. University says that this study centre is separate but use our premises. it is in KT... Postcode...

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:32 am

manay wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:31 pm
manay wrote:

Whose money are we talking about?
sah10406 wrote:
For a Student visa it's only about your money or a parent's money.

manay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manay » Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:05 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:32 am
manay wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:31 pm
manay wrote:

Whose money are we talking about?
sah10406 wrote:
For a Student visa it's only about your money or a parent's money.
I have applied Child Student Visa. I have used Parents bank statement for maintenance fund. My brother just turned 18 years old now. He has no bank account. He is also applying Student Visa (Not Child). Can he use same bank statement of parents as he has no bank account? More money can be deposited in parents account for his maintenance. (For example i showed £14K for my funds. If extra £12500 is add in same account. can this be used after10 days of my application decision)?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:57 pm

manay wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:05 am
My brother just turned 18 years old now. Heearmarked has no bank account. He is also applying Student Visa (Not Child). Can he use same bank statement of parents as he has no bank account? More money can be deposited in parents account for his maintenance. (For example i showed £14K for my funds. If extra £12500 is add in same account. can this be used after10 days of my application decision)?
How can the same money be earmarked for paying your fees and maintenance, and also for paying your brother's fees and maintenance?

If your brother is also using evidence of money in a parent's name, I suggest that it is clear that the money is over and above what they need for their own costs, and over and above what has been shown is being used to pay for your costs.

manay
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manay » Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:28 pm

Visa application submitted at 16 years age. Second day of Biometrics. Got email of NSF (Not Straightforward Case). Institution is independent and 2 years level 3 course. what could be the possible reason of NSF? All correct documents provided with 100% honest information.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:38 am

manay wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:28 pm
Visa application submitted at 16 years age. Second day of Biometrics. Got email of NSF (Not Straightforward Case). Institution is independent and 2 years level 3 course. what could be the possible reason of NSF? All correct documents provided with 100% honest information.
From your point of view all supplied documents ok, do note we do not know the inner workings of HO in these matters.
It could be for any reason, can not tell you specifically why. Exercise patience and see as the process works.