ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request for One-Year Extension of Skilled Worker Dependent Visa (Main Applicant Holds ILR) Is it possible?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sathiyamsai
Newly Registered
India

Request for One-Year Extension of Skilled Worker Dependent Visa (Main Applicant Holds ILR) Is it possible?

Post by sathiyamsai » Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:23 pm

I hope you are doing well. I would appreciate your assistance with the following visa-related queries:

I have been granted ILR as of April 2024, but I still hold a valid CoS until 2027 (I received a 5-year CoS in 2022 after changing jobs).
My family holds Skilled Worker Dependent visas, which are set to expire on 10th October 2024.
My family's eligibility for ILR falls in December 2025 (1 year and 2 months from now).
I need to apply for a Dependent visa extension for my family and have the following questions:

1. Is it possible to apply for the visa and pay the IHS fee for a period of 1.6 or 1.2 years?
2. If not, what is the minimum duration (is it only 3 years?) that I can apply for their visas?
3. when applying, Should I reference my valid CoS (until 2027), or should I note that the main applicant (myself) now holds ILR?
4. For the IHS calculation, should I use dates based on the CoS or the ILR eligibility timeline?

Thank you in advance for your guidance. I look forward to your response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Request for One-Year Extension of Skilled Worker Dependent Visa (Main Applicant Holds ILR) Is it possible?

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:30 pm

I have been granted ILR as of April 2024, but I still hold a valid CoS until 2027 (I received a 5-year CoS in 2022 after changing jobs).
My family holds Skilled Worker Dependent visas, which are set to expire on 10th October 2024.
Why do they have less validity than 2027? Did you switch employers and not extend their visas?
1. Is it possible to apply for the visa and pay the IHS fee for a period of 1.6 or 1.2 years?
No you cannot.
2. If not, what is the minimum duration (is it only 3 years?) that I can apply for their visas?
It is a 3 year extension as dictated by the immigration rules.
3. when applying, Should I reference my valid CoS (until 2027), or should I note that the main applicant (myself) now holds ILR?
You need to complete what is asked for in the form, including your last CoS details.
4. For the IHS calculation, should I use dates based on the CoS or the ILR eligibility timeline?
No, you use a date 3 years in the future based on the date you plan to apply (submit and pay) to get the correct IHS fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sathiyamsai
Newly Registered
India

Re: Request for One-Year Extension of Skilled Worker Dependent Visa (Main Applicant Holds ILR) Is it possible?

Post by sathiyamsai » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:00 pm

Thanks CR001 for your response.
Why do they have less validity than 2027? Did you switch employers and not extend their visas?
- you are right, I have switched employeers but I did not extend their visas.