ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa Refused - Filipino visitor - advice please!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kirm2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Tourist Visa Refused - Filipino visitor - advice please!

Post by Kirm2 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:16 pm

My son's Filipino girlfriend just had her 90 day tourist visa application refused on the grounds that she may not return home. She was going to be staying with us in our home.
I can vouch 100% that she will be returning and her return flights are booked.
Does anyone please have any advice on how to proceed and what she can do/provide in her appeal that could overturn this refusal??
This is a totally new area for us so we know nothing and we're all so disappointed.

keithmcmxc
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Tourist Visa Refused - Filipino visitor - advice please!

Post by keithmcmxc » Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:53 pm

Were you able to provide proof that your son can support your girlfriend (i.e., bank statements, payslips, etc). It may apply to Irish tourist visa but in my experience when I applied for my Filipino sister's Canada visa, I had to write a letter detailing her itinerary, when she's arriving and leaving and all budgeted costs while she'll be in Canada including flight. I provided my bank statements and payslip as proof that I can afford the budgeted costs. As she was staying at a family relative's house, I asked the Canadian relative to write a letter too and provide her bank statements.

keithmcmxc
Mood:
Philippines

Post by keithmcmxc » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:00 pm

Sorry, I just realised that she was refused on the grounds that she may not return home. What supports did you provide by the way that she will return to the Philippines other than the return flights? If she is working in the Philippines, she needs to provide proof that she is currently employed in the Philippines. Or any proof that she has ties in the Philippines that she is obliged to return. Anyway, you can appeal a negative decision though the link below.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/appeal- ... -decision/

Kirm2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Kirm2 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:30 pm

keithmcmxc wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:00 pm
Sorry, I just realised that she was refused on the grounds that she may not return home. What supports did you provide by the way that she will return to the Philippines other than the return flights? If she is working in the Philippines, she needs to provide proof that she is currently employed in the Philippines. Or any proof that she has ties in the Philippines that she is obliged to return. Anyway, you can appeal a negative decision though the link below.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/appeal- ... -decision/
Thanks for the reply Keith. Her entire family live in the Philippines. She has just graduated from college so has no job yet as she was planning to come here first to visit.
Is there anything you could suggest that might help her appeal?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:52 pm

This is indeed not ideal.

From an immigration officer's POV, she has no job and there's a person in Ireland that can provide her with money and a place to stay.

Also, ypu mention "90 day visa'. Did she plan to stay for the whole 90 days? That would also ring alarm bells.

You can try to appeal explaining the family ties and such, but best bet might be for her to settle in the Philippines at first, get a job and apply from there.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Kirm2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Kirm2 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:42 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:52 pm
This is indeed not ideal.

From an immigration officer's POV, she has no job and there's a person in Ireland that can provide her with money and a place to stay.

Also, ypu mention "90 day visa'. Did she plan to stay for the whole 90 days? That would also ring alarm bells.

You can try to appeal explaining the family ties and such, but best bet might be for her to settle in the Philippines at first, get a job and apply from there.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, she had planned to stay here for the 90 days - we didn't think that would be a problem, she just wanted to make the most of the time she was allowed here and experience Christmas etc.

Their eventual plan would be to get married and for her to move here to start a life with him and get a job. Naively, it appears it won't be as simple as that if this is anything to go by.

It's so disappointing, so much time wasted just waiting

keithmcmxc
Mood:
Philippines

Post by keithmcmxc » Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:39 pm

If she has just recently graduated and has no job, I don't think that would work out.

Please see excerpt from the Irish Immigration website below. This might help depending on her circumstance in the Philippines.

Work
If you are employed, you must provide your 3 most recent payslips and a letter from your employer including:

How long you have been employed there
The dates you will be absent from your employment
The date you will be returning to work in that employment.

Education or study
If you are a student, you must provide a letter from your college stating:

The course you are studying
How many years you have been a student there
How many years or terms you have left at that college, and that you will be returning there following your visit to Ireland.

Family
Details of any family members living in your country of residence – if you have any dependent children and your children are remaining at home, you should submit birth certificates for the children.

Property
Evidence of any property you own or rent

Title deed or tenancy agreement.

Self-employed

If you are self-employed at home, you must show that you have an obligation to continue it. To do so, you must provide a letter that includes:

A description of their business and the products or service they provide

Proof that their business is trading, for example:

Your most recent financial accounts (clear colour photocopy)
Recent tax return (clear colour photocopy)
Confirmation of payments from customers from within last 6 months (printed emails or letters).
The date you will return to your business at home.

If they wish to go the route of marriage, there is a separate thread below which might actually give your son an idea on what he has to go through if they get married in the Philippines.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=349897