ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA extension for ILR dependants

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

Malik212
Newly Registered
Pakistan

VISA extension for ILR dependants

Post by Malik212 » Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:21 pm

Peculiar wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:06 pm
My Global talent VISA as well as my wife's and children's Global Talent Dependant VISAs will expire next month, but I have recently received an ILR from Global Talent VISA (three-year route). Since my wife and children are not qualified for ILR yet (until they spend 5 years in the UK), they will be applying for their VISA extension as dependants on my global talent (this is what I understood from the home office website) for two and half years, which will complete their 5 year UK residency. But how will the information on the Global talent VISA I was holding previously be relevant for this new application, and how will I be able to indicate two and half years in their application since the global talent visa is expiring next month, and usually, the number of years on the VISA is what is granted to the dependants?
Please, I need your guidance, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.
Hi,
I have exactly similar situation while applying for my wife's visa extension. In her case she needs one more year extension in order to be eligible for the ILR. Do i need to apply for 3yr or can i apply for 1 year extension on GTV dependent. I have an ILR and when we are trying to pay for IHS it is asking for visa expiry date. What date shall i put? ILR does not have an expiry date.
Can you please help me in this regards.
Thanks

Malik212
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: VISA extension for ILR dependants

Post by Malik212 » Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:23 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:31 am
This is a known problem. The immigration health surcharge online system is not smart enough to calculate this correctly for people who have ILR. As I said, ILR has no expiry date so you should enter a date that is 3 years in the future to get a correct IHS calculation. Otherwise, the system will charge you less and the caseworker has to request you to pay the remaining fees, delaying the application.
Hi,

I am having the same problem. What expiry date shall i put as i have an ILR and my wife only requires 1 year extension to be eligible for ILR. is it compulsory to add 3year or can i also add a random date for 2 year and pay the health surcharge for 2 years? Can you please help me with this problem.
Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:31 pm

Do not tag your question on someone else's post, please.
Also, why do you think the advice will be any different for you ???

The immigration rules do NOT allow a shorter visa period and the IHS payment must cover the whole 3-year visa period.
The extension visa length period is FIXED to 3 years. You CANNOT get a shorter visa for your dependants. This has nothing to do with IHS.

You must put a date in to ensure you pay 3 years worth of IHS for dependants.
Failure to do so means the application will be held and delayed for not paying the correct IHS fees :!: :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Malik212
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Malik212 » Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:37 am

Hi Thanks for your reply.
Just wanted to ask if we pay IHS for 3 years and when my wife applies for the ILR, can we get the extra IHS payment refunded or not?
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:57 am

when my wife applies for the ILR, can we get the extra IHS payment refunded or not?
No Refund.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
When you will not get a refund
You will not get a refund if:

you withdraw your visa application after your visa is granted
your visa application is successful but you do not come to the UK
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example to make a new application
you’re told to leave the UK before your visa expires
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain
you’re switching to another visa which is exempt from the IHS
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.