ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Irish naturalisation with married name

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

ursulasie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Application for Irish naturalisation with married name

Post by ursulasie » Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:31 pm

Really appreciate if anyone can help with this question.

I am applying for Irish citizenship based on married to an Irish national.

If my passport(from home country) is in my maiden surname, but AIB bank statements and other proof of address documents are in my married name (same given name, different surname) will that be a problem for naturalisation application? I can submit marriage certificate too (got married in Ireland).

Thank you very much!

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Application for Irish naturalisation with married name

Post by Vadrar » Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:38 pm

ursulasie wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:31 pm

If my passport(from home country) is in my maiden surname, but AIB bank statements and other proof of address documents are in my married name (same given name, different surname) will that be a problem for naturalisation application? I can submit marriage certificate too (got married in Ireland).

Thank you very much!
You have to submit marriage cert if you are applying as spouse of Irish, that isn’t an option. But you should be fine with the married name on daily use documents because of the marriage cert as long as your passport matches your birth cert.

ursulasie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Application for Irish naturalisation with married name

Post by ursulasie » Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:32 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:38 pm
ursulasie wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:31 pm

Thank you very much!
You have to submit marriage cert if you are applying as spouse of Irish, that isn’t an option. But you should be fine with the married name on daily use documents because of the marriage cert as long as your passport matches your birth cert.
Thank you very much for your reply!