ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland citizenship for British national

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

shahmeer75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Ireland citizenship for British national

Post by shahmeer75 » Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:46 am

Hi,

I was looking to setup a ltd company in Ireland for remote work. I have found out that for Irish citizenship, British national are required to show bank statements, proof of address and continuous residence for 5 years. My company statements and proof of address can be shown from the business. How continuous residence be proven as i will be doing remote work from the UK. Does this mean UK citizens who have limited companies in Ireland automatically get eligible for Irish citizenship? Any official documents/application guidance to check the requirements?

Thank you.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Ireland citizenship for British national

Post by meself2 » Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:22 am

shahmeer75 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:46 am
My company statements and proof of address can be shown from the business.
Would you not think that having a proof of address from a business address (while it's supposed to be residential) will raise doubts?
Same goes for bank accounts - they require at least a few card transactions per month which were done in person, by inserting/tapping the card.
shahmeer75 wrote:
How continuous residence be proven as i will be doing remote work from the UK.
Well, you're signing a declaration that the information you provided is true and accurate. Do you want to risk it by supplying bogus data?

Move to Ireland for 5 years, reside there and you should have the data you need (like bank statements, rent agreements and so on).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

seanocathasaigh80
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Ireland citizenship for British national

Post by seanocathasaigh80 » Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:19 pm

shahmeer75 wrote:
Hi,

I was looking to setup a ltd company in Ireland for remote work. I have found out that for Irish citizenship, British national are required to show bank statements, proof of address and continuous residence for 5 years. My company statements and proof of address can be shown from the business. How continuous residence be proven as i will be doing remote work from the UK. Does this mean UK citizens who have limited companies in Ireland automatically get eligible for Irish citizenship? Any official documents/application guidance to check the requirements?

Thank you.
Under Irish law a company is an entity in itself, i.e. it has the contractual capacity of a natural person. Showing bank statements and proof of address for the company doesn't prove anything at all for you.

Also, the UK is not in the EU so you would not be permitted to set up a single directorship company in Ireland. If you wanted to set up a Limited company or a DAC you would need to appoint another director resident in the EEA.