ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 based on Irish citizen Child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

smurthy23
Newly Registered
India

Stamp 4 based on Irish citizen Child

Post by smurthy23 » Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:39 am

I am currently holding a Stamp 1G visa as the spouse of a Critical Skills Employment Permit holder. My child is an Irish citizen, and my next visa renewal is due in March 2025.

1. Can I apply for Stamp 4 based on my Irish citizen child? If so, should I apply for the Stamp 4 immediately or wait until my next renewal in March 2025?

2. How long will the Stamp 4 be valid for? For example, if I apply now, will the Stamp 4 only be valid until March 2025, requiring renewal again at that time?

3. As I am based in Dublin, will the application process be handled online, or will I need to attend an in-person appointment since this involves changing from Stamp 1G to Stamp 4?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 based on Irish citizen Child

Post by meself2 » Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:15 pm

Read the guidelines, please. It has answers to most of your queries.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... zen-child/
smurthy23 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:39 am
1. Can I apply for Stamp 4 based on my Irish citizen child? If so, should I apply for the Stamp 4 immediately or wait until my next renewal in March 2025?
Possibly. I don't know your particular case. Read the guide.
smurthy23 wrote:
2. How long will the Stamp 4 be valid for? For example, if I apply now, will the Stamp 4 only be valid until March 2025, requiring renewal again at that time?
This permission could last for up to three years but could be for six months. The amount of time will depend on the circumstances of your individual case.
smurthy23 wrote:
3. As I am based in Dublin, will the application process be handled online, or will I need to attend an in-person appointment since this involves changing from Stamp 1G to Stamp 4?
For the stamp, assuming it'll be approved, it'll be handled online. But it may not be approved straight away/at all, depending on your case.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.