ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need advice

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

GTVapplicant
Newly Registered
India

need advice

Post by GTVapplicant » Sun Oct 20, 2024 10:57 am

Hi,

I am on a Tier 2 general visa until Jan 2025 since Jan 2022 (April 2022 I entered the country and my family entered the country July 2022). My family has a dependent visa. I have applied for GTV and received postive endorsement. I would like to know what should I do know whether I should apply for GTV (Stage 2) 3 years for myself and my family. Or shall I apply for ILR first and then extend my family's visa as ILR dependent. I am afraid that there clock my reset. Is it possible to extend my family's visa as PBS dependent when the main applicant is on ILR. Please guide me.

Regards
P

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: need advice

Post by lolo2 » Mon Oct 21, 2024 10:35 am

It's not clear who is your endorsing body but you might be eligible for ILR from January 2025 - provided you meet all the other requirements. You cannot apply for ILR just now.

Your family need to apply as GTV dependants. The figure of ILR dependants does not exist.

From a practical and cost-effective point of view, I'd apply for a three years GTV visa for everyone. It is not a mandatory requirement for a GTV holder to apply for ILR in exactly three years.

GTVapplicant
Newly Registered
India

Post by GTVapplicant » Tue Oct 22, 2024 8:06 pm

Hi Lolo,

Thanks. My endorsing body is Royal Academy of Engineering. Three years extension of GTV for myself and my family members means that I have to pay IHS fees (for everybody) for three years even though I can get ILR Jan 2025. Is there any other way to avoid this and still get visa extension for my family. Please let me know.

What do you mean "The figure of ILR dependants does not exist." ?

Regards
P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2024 8:31 pm

There is no such visa called "ILR Dependent" visa.

They need to extend their current visas.

For all of you, there is no short duration visa to get you to January 2025 when you qualify for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GTVapplicant
Newly Registered
India

Post by GTVapplicant » Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:23 pm

Hi Lolo,

I was wondering whether I could apply for GTV for myself for one year and then I apply for GTV dependent for my family for 3 years. In this way I do not have to spend lot of money. What do you suggest ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:33 pm

Your dependents cannot apply for a visa with an expiry date after yours. Their visas will always be granted with the same expiry date as yours, the main visa applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GTVapplicant
Newly Registered
India

Post by GTVapplicant » Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:20 pm

But what if I first apply for GTV for one year and then apply my ILR and it granted by Jan 2025 () and then I apply for my family's GTV dependent visa extension for 3 years. Is it possible ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:26 pm

Yes, that is possible.
Char (CR001 not Casa)