ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Extension when main applicant has applied for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

mto_free
Newly Registered
Libya

Dependent Visa Extension when main applicant has applied for ILR

Post by mto_free » Tue Oct 22, 2024 2:59 am

I submitted my ILR application on 8th October 2024, and my biometric appointment is scheduled for 25th October 2024. My husband applied for an extension of his dependent Skilled Worker visa, as he still needs one more year to complete five years of residence. He submitted his application on 10th October 2024.

On 21st October 2024, my husband received an email from the Home Office stating:

“The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above-named applicant. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as your sponsor has not yet submitted a valid Leave To Remain application. We apologise for the delay and the inconvenience this may cause.

Please be assured that we are doing everything we can to process your case as quickly as possible.

Please note that it may not be possible to make a decision within the standard service timeframe in this instance.

Kind regards,
UK Decision Making Centre”

Does this email mean that my husband’s application has been refused, or are they waiting for me to complete my biometric appointment and receive a decision on my ILR before deciding on his application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent Visa Extension when main applicant has applied for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2024 6:52 am

Your ilr application needs to be approved before they will consider his extension application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mto_free
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by mto_free » Tue Oct 22, 2024 9:41 am

So does that mean there’s nothing to worry about and this email isn’t a final decision?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2024 10:02 am

It is not a decision. The email is quite clear on what it is saying.

Presumably you applied and paid for a 3 year visa for your partner?? You can't apply for only 1 year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mto_free
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by mto_free » Tue Oct 22, 2024 10:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2024 10:02 am
It is not a decision. The email is quite clear on what it is saying.

Presumably you applied and paid for a 3 year visa for your partner?? You can't apply for only 1 year.
Thank so much for help and support. Yes I applied for him 3 years