ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there a queue/order for decisions?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

YellowSnow
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Is there a queue/order for decisions?

Post by YellowSnow » Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:29 pm

I follow the timeline on here, and was expecting to hear something last week considering the applicants that applied the same time as me had been accepted the week before last.

I had nothing last Monday and I think the decisions are only sent on Mondays?

I am applying with my adult son, so not sure if that adds complications. But, I am really wondering if there is a queuing system, or order system, because last week I was seeing people getting accepted who applied one week after us.

I keep checking spam mails, and tomorrow I will be refreshing my e-mail all day - just as I have for the last two weeks. I know I should be patient, but I start to get concerned if others who applied after us are already receiving their decisions.

Do rejections also come from Atas on Mondays? Or are they sent in other ways? I've not received any queries yet and I know the target date is 6 months which means January for us. But, based on the timelines I was kinda hoping we'd be in the batch last week.

Maybe I am overthinking the process and trying to put in logic where it is not that simple.

Anyway, I am wishing all of us waiting a good news day tomorrow.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Is there a queue/order for decisions?

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:12 pm

Refusals are few and far between, judging by lack of reporting of those here.
Realistically there can’t be a structured queuing system because of the variety of scenarios being submitted, systems issues, workforce issues, etc etc
All applicants have secure residency status so in general there’s no rush so to speak.
I know it doesn’t help your anxiety, I felt the same when waiting for my approval.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

YellowSnow
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by YellowSnow » Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:53 am

Yes, indeed. Checking my e-mails every 20 minutes again today :D :D

Each time with fingers crossed,

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:32 am

It is very difficult to deduce a timeline for an individual case. Your application and your son's could be processed by different caseworkers and one could be processed slower than the other. Annoying, but for now all you can do is wait patiently for the time being.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:59 pm

There may be a queue for cases going into the system, but by definition, there can't be for decisions coming out, simply because each case is unique and will trigger different processes.

For instance,somebody with a criminal record, perhaps even a single one, may trigger further checks with other departments and police forces, while one without a criminal record may sail through such checks, saving time.

The checks for somebody who has a history as a dependent may be different to somebody in the UK on a GTV visa, for instance.

Think of it like a games of Snakes and Ladders. Everybody's pathway through the game is unique and based on a lot of different factors.

There have been a couple of cases on these forums where the process has taken more than a year, some times multiple years. That is very rare, but it shows that it can be much worse.

I'd suggest relaxing and not getting too worried about it. Like a piece of string, it is as long as it takes.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:22 pm

YellowSnow wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:29 pm
But, based on the timelines I was kinda hoping we'd be in the batch last week.
It's understandable to be impatient when waiting for a response from an application, but according to the timeline you posted on the dedicated post, you're still within the average time for others to receive a response. However don't be stressed much on comparing with others, every application is unique.
YellowSnow wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:53 am
Checking my e-mails every 20 minutes again today :D :D
This is I believe the worst thing you can do. It will make you even more anxious.

In line with what others already suggested, it can be an exercise more difficult for some than for others but I always recommend avoid thinking about this application as much as we can. Provided there are no restrictions in terms of work, travel and living the life in the usual way while the application is being processed.

verdi
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by verdi » Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:06 pm

I had an ILR which took a year to decide, and I ultimately received it. There was no reason given for the long wait. I’m waiting for naturalisation now, and whilst I hope it doesn’t take a year or longer, it might, and there is little I can do about it. I’ve been in the UK 20 years without any immigration breach or criminal activity or traffic tickets (I don’t drive), but on the other hand, I have a longer life history to check, and it may take a long time.

All I can do is enjoy my retirement and try not to think about it much. And, if I was refused for whatever reason, I’ll either wait ten years and see if I can get a British passport before I am 70, or my husband and I will retire to the United States. I’ve got the paperwork prepared for the latter if it becomes something we decide to do. There are always choices.

verdi
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by verdi » Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:50 am

I received notice this morning my application was successful. I hope for all those still waiting they receive their decision soon. Good luck!

YellowSnow
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by YellowSnow » Mon Oct 21, 2024 9:35 am

Congrats.

I am always happy when I see people get their happy Mondays and hope it is my week but not much I can do except wait.

Maybe they are checking my info from my home country and that is taking time.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Oct 21, 2024 10:23 am

I understand your anxiety - but if you have been waiting for less than 6 months there isn't much you can do about it just yet. Once you hit the 6 months mark you'll be able to start chasing. As tempting as it is, one should avoid comparing their waiting time to others or make inferences on the inner workings of the HO to justify what could be taking longer. If more information is needed you will be contacted.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

YellowSnow
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by YellowSnow » Thu Oct 24, 2024 4:20 pm

I have received an invitation from the Council - the ceremony is in just 6 days!!!!!

Also, my daughter was approved, and is coming from London for the ceremony.

I don't have an Atlas e-mail (they only come out on Mondays). If I don't have that e-mail, can I still make the ceremony? I'm hoping it arrives Monday as well.

Thanks all

And don't eat yellow snow.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 24, 2024 11:15 pm

Congratulations. You need to check with your council if they allow you to attend the ceremony without the email - some are pickier than others.