ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:29 am

I had exatly same experince
CSK wrote:@psdesai,

It was quoted in their mail reply jus as same as the guidance...they did not even change any word....
:?

visitkans

HSMP to TIER 1 Early extension approved

Post by visitkans » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Got my extension yesterday.

Previous HSMP expiry - Jan 2010.

New Tier 1 approved till 16 Jan 2013

Applied on March 16th
Money deducted : March 17th
Letter received : March 18th

Passport stamped and received : April 23

Also they had sent a mail to my HR to confirm the following

The date's Mr xxxxxxxxx was employed with your company?
Mr xxxxxxxx earnings with your company between "the dates claimed"
The wage slips received are printed on ADP slips. Please confirm these were issued by your company.

psdesai
BANNED

Re: HSMP to TIER 1 Early extension approved

Post by psdesai » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Important information you have shared here. Appricaiate it.

You have mentioned "The date's Mr xxxxxxxxx was employed with your company?" Does this mean your X employer or you are still employed with the company and asked for confirmation between specifiec dates?

Also why do u think they made verification?

please reply,

Thanks
psdesai
visitkans wrote:Got my extension yesterday.

Applied on March 16th

The wage slips received are printed on ADP slips. Please confirm these were issued by your company.
Last edited by psdesai on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

visitkans

Post by visitkans » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:07 pm

Not really sure why they asked, but as per my HR, she said she has been receiving a lot of calls recently, looks like the HO is now confirming a larger percentage of applications than before.

there was no confirmation when i applied last year, nothing what so ever and i got my conf letter sooper fast in 4 days and visa stamped in 4 days.

Also for some applications the HO have even asked the color of the payslip thats given by the company..... strange is it :)

Mine was pretty straight forward, no complications, just the payslips and bank statements, so not sure why they confirmed.
One possible reason may be to confirm if the dates specified on the letter from my HR is genuine or if its a job of fiction

It might be a regular check due to the recent stringent rules in place.

Might be a good idea to inform your HR about this.
psdesai wrote:Important information you have shared here. Appricaiate it.

You have mentioned "The date's Mr xxxxxxxxx was employed with your company?" Does this mean your X employer or you are still employed with the company and asked for confirmation between specifiec dates?

please reply,

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:19 pm

visitkans wrote:Not really sure why they asked, but as per my HR, she said she has been receiving a lot of calls recently, looks like the HO is now confirming a larger percentage of applications than before.

there was no confirmation when i applied last year, nothing what so ever and i got my conf letter sooper fast in 4 days and visa stamped in 4 days.

Also for some applications the HO have even asked the color of the payslip thats given by the company..... strange is it :)

Mine was pretty straight forward, no complications, just the payslips and bank statements, so not sure why they confirmed.
One possible reason may be to confirm if the dates specified on the letter from my HR is genuine or if its a job of fiction

It might be a regular check due to the recent stringent rules in place.

Might be a good idea to inform your HR about this.
psdesai wrote:Important information you have shared here. Appricaiate it.

please reply,
Last edited by psdesai on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

visitkans

Post by visitkans » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:25 pm

The letter was a general "Contact if you want to for any info" letter, i guess there was some section on the form that said - "Please provide contact info blah blah"

so i just added that letter in, in these stricter times, i just wanted to make sure all goes smooth.
psdesai wrote:
Did u provided letter from HR with your application? Is that necessary?

Thanks
psdesai

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:27 pm

visitkans wrote:The letter was a general "Contact if you want to for any info" letter, i guess there was some section on the form that said - "Please provide contact info blah blah"

so i just added that letter in, in these stricter times, i just wanted to make sure all goes smooth.
psdesai wrote:
Did u provided letter from HR with your application? Is that necessary?

Thanks
psdesai

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:49 pm

Applied on March 16th

Congratulations Mate !!!

Just curious to know if you had given any reason for this early extension ?

Thank You,
hsmp12345

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:25 pm

CSK wrote:guys

also thnkg to go for PEO instead of postal application since we can explain or make them understand if any issues arise..

has anyone recently booked appointment in croydon?
Hi CSK,

I've booked on 16th April and got appointment for 28th May...
Niruv has posted his experience at the PEO at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=37911.
Will give you better idea...

Cheers,
Sai

CSK

Post by CSK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:34 am

@sai

Thanks..am keeping an eye on more than 1 topic now..:)

early extension, PEO & traffic offence...i hav got a taffic ofence now which might lead to court since my speed limit was way above the limit :)...i wud wish to go for extsn quickly rather to sumit one with a disqualified licence :(...

PEO appointment is looking very tuf since the apointments are vanishing like hot samosa sold in india..got to keep callling them daily !

early xtsn till now looks cool cos many ppl hv managed to get extnded from the point of visa expiry sometg very strange and lucky..prayg tat this shd stay for a while so that we can all sneak in for our extns...:)

good luck all...

visitkans

Post by visitkans » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Thanks hsmp12345

Did not give any reason at all and no cover letter too.

just sent all docs in a neat filing, thats it.
hsmp12345 wrote:

Applied on March 16th

Congratulations Mate !!!

Just curious to know if you had given any reason for this early extension ?

Thank You,
hsmp12345

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:27 am

This gives me differant picture...read the last line.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your enquiry.
Please be advised that we recommend that applicants submit an application for an extension around 5 weeks before their visa expires, however, this is not mandatory – applications can be submitted at any time before the current leave expires provided you meet the requirements of the category you apply in under the Immigration Rules.
If your application is successful, you will be granted further limited leave to remain from the date your application is processed.
Yours faithfully,

Amrit Haria
Immigration Group
Border & Immigration Agency
Kaff

winber

Post by winber » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:25 pm

I think it is just luck. I received a 3 years and 2 and a half months extension without asking for it. I did put a reason for applying early in the cover letter though.

khubs

Post by khubs » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:16 pm

winber wrote:I think it is just luck. I received a 3 years and 2 and a half months extension without asking for it. I did put a reason for applying early in the cover letter though.
Hi Winber,

what reason did you put in your covering letter for the applying early??

winber

Post by winber » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:28 am

khubs wrote:
winber wrote:I think it is just luck. I received a 3 years and 2 and a half months extension without asking for it. I did put a reason for applying early in the cover letter though.
Hi Winber,

That I need to attend my sisters wedding which is around the same date my original visa is due to expire (mid June). It is true, though I didn't offer any proof. If I had the invitation back then (mid Feb) I would have included it in the application, but it worked out fine without it.

khubs

Post by khubs » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:55 pm

winber wrote:
khubs wrote:
Hi Winber,

That I need to attend my sisters wedding which is around the same date my original visa is due to expire (mid June). It is true, though I didn't offer any proof. If I had the invitation back then (mid Feb) I would have included it in the application, but it worked out fine without it.
THNX FR THE INFO. :)

srirags

Post by srirags » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:02 am

I got the below reply for my query regarding early extension.
It looks like we cant apply for the early extension without a strong reason.

Reply from UK Border Agency:

HSMP visa holders should apply for an extension to their Leave to Remain around 5 weeks before their visa expires. It is important that applications are made before the applicant’s current leave to remain expires.

Applicants will be able to continue working whilst you extension application is being considered provided :-

· The applicant has previous leave granted under the HSMP scheme and their application is submitted before their current leave expires.

Further information and application forms are available on the http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk website or by calling 0117 344 1471.

Alternatively, you can contact the Customer Contact Centre, their contact details are as follows:

Tel: 0114 207 4074
Fax: 0114 207 4000
Email: wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

You must provide all the evidence required to support your application at the outset, as decisions are made on the evidence supplied. Failure to submit the specific evidence in support of any statements made may lead to the refusal of your application. We advise applicants make full use of the published guidance notes when completing their application which are available on the http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk website.
Yours sincerely,
James Sanderson
Customer Service Advisor,
Customer Contact Centre,
UK Border Agency,
PO Box 3468,
Sheffield,
S3 8WA
Telephone: 0114 207 4074

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Srirags,

Reply also depends on what you ask them? I have received a reply which was contrary to yours; pasted in this thread i think.

srirags wrote:I got the below reply for my query regarding early extension.
It looks like we cant apply for the early extension without a strong reason.

Reply from UK Border Agency:

HSMP visa holders should apply for an extension to their Leave to Remain around 5 weeks before their visa expires. It is important that applications are made before the applicant’s current leave to remain expires.

Applicants will be able to continue working whilst you extension application is being considered provided :-

· The applicant has previous leave granted under the HSMP scheme and their application is submitted before their current leave expires.

Further information and application forms are available on the http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk website or by calling 0117 344 1471.

Alternatively, you can contact the Customer Contact Centre, their contact details are as follows:

Tel: 0114 207 4074
Email: wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

You must provide all the evidence required to support your application at the outset, as decisions are made on the evidence supplied. Failure to submit the specific evidence in support of any statements made may lead to the refusal of your application. We advise applicants make full use of the published guidance notes when completing their application which are available on the http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk website.
Yours sincerely,
James Sanderson
Customer Service Advisor,
Customer Contact Centre,
UK Border Agency,
PO Box 3468,
Sheffield,
S3 8WA
Telephone: 0114 207 4074

srirags

Post by srirags » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:19 pm

I specifically asked the question about the early extension. I clealy explained them about my visa expiry date and asked them to clarify whether they consider the application date (or) visa expiry date for my extension. I posted the email reply.

Also today I called the immigration enquiry bureau - Tel: 0870 606 7766 and they clearly mentioned I can apply for early extension but they will consider appication date for the visa extension.

Well, when u applied they might have considered early extension and now they are not.

So safer side is to apply 5 weeks before the visa expiry and early extension is based on one's luck.

Cheers,
S

CSK

Post by CSK » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:48 pm

srirags,

This is interestg piece of discussion always, but one got to stick to his/her own decision on this. There is always a second chance if we have some problem while trying for early extension. But we never know what wil be HO's stand after 7/8 months from now. So if we have choice of tryg the early xtension why not go for it?? this is my opinion..also we shd go by number of people who get positive results in early xtension, which looks promising(atleast till today :lol: )....so give it a thought.. :wink:

Tina_Eapen

Post by Tina_Eapen » Fri May 01, 2009 9:28 am

looks like HO is clamping down on early extn now..this is the response I got today...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that the earliest you should apply for an extension to your visa should be a maximum of
28 days before your current visa expires.

Yours faithfully,

David Lavigne
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

If you intend to reply to this e-mail please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:59 am

This could be because UKBA is still processing applications received before 1st April rule changes. I think once that batch is over with, they will have relatively lesser applications and would again look to process early extensions.

Anyways, let's hope for the best :)

Tina_Eapen wrote:looks like HO is clamping down on early extn now..this is the response I got today...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that the earliest you should apply for an extension to your visa should be a maximum of
28 days before your current visa expires.

Yours faithfully,

David Lavigne
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

If you intend to reply to this e-mail please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.
Regards,
crowbar6

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Fri May 01, 2009 10:33 am

wow thats scary. "should"....

Can I show multiple bank statements for the proof of maintainance funds. I sufficient funds in my bank account combined (Savings + Current).
Also I am here in UK on HSMP for 15 months and my wife is here in UK for 5 months .. how much in total maintainance funds do I need to show?

Thanks

neha_12oct
Newly Registered

Early Extention due to Maternity Leave

Post by neha_12oct » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:01 pm

I got it extended from date of expiry and not from date of application.

I applied 4 months earlier as I was planning to go on maternity leave.
Home office has issued the new Tier 1 Visa from from date of expiry (of my last HSMP Visa) and not from date of application.

i.e.

Old HSMP Visa - was Valid until Nov 2009
New Appliocation Made in June 2009 (i.e 4 months prior)
New Tier 1 Visa Approved by Home Office - Until November 2012

Cheers,
Neha