ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Text of the letter from bank confirming Min. Funds Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mhkhan

Text of the letter from bank confirming Min. Funds Tier 1

Post by mhkhan » Thu May 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Instead of a Bank Statement I am providing a letter from the Bank confirming the funds I have maintained in the last 3 months as proof for Maintenance funds.
The letter is on the Bank's letter head along with the required stamp and signatures.

Just wanted if the following content of the letter is acceptable:

" As per your request, we confirm that a minimum balance of X amount has been maintained in the account no. for the period from Mar to May 2009."

Thanks in advance.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Text of the letter from bank confirming Min. Funds Tier

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Also mention your account numbers.
Add an extra statement that total balance in the account has never went below X amount.
mhkhan wrote:Instead of a Bank Statement I am providing a letter from the Bank confirming the funds I have maintained in the last 3 months as proof for Maintenance funds.
The letter is on the Bank's letter head along with the required stamp and signatures.

" As per your request, we confirm that a minimum balance of X amount has been maintained in the account no. for the period from Mar to May 2009."

Thanks in advance.

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Thu May 28, 2009 5:09 pm

Thanks for the reply. But doesnt it suffice their requirement by saying the "min. amount maintained" for three months has been this much?

[quote="chetanojha"]Also mention your account numbers.
Add an extra statement that total balance in the account has never went below X amount.

[quote="mhkhan"]Instead of a Bank Statement I am providing a letter from the Bank confirming the funds I have maintained in the last 3 months as proof for Maintenance funds.

Thanks in advance.[/quote][/quote]

Thanks for the reply. But doesnt it suffice their requirement by saying the [b]min. amount maintained[/b] for three months has been this much?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri May 29, 2009 10:22 am

Yes it does suffice. But remember you will be sending this letter to HO where the basic requirement to apply for caseworker's job is "not" to have common sense and basic logic. Get it from bank if you can. If you cannot get it from bank...don't loose your sleep over it.
mhkhan wrote:Thanks for the reply. But doesnt it suffice their requirement by saying the "min. amount maintained" for three months has been this much?
chetanojha wrote:Also mention your account numbers.
mhkhan wrote:Instead of a Bank Statement I am providing a letter from the Bank confirming the funds I have maintained in the last 3 months as proof for Maintenance funds.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply. But doesnt it suffice their requirement by saying the min. amount maintained for three months has been this much?

sunny2004

Post by sunny2004 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:08 am

Thanks in advance.
"The minimum balance of XXXXXX.XX has always been maintained in the A/c XXXXXXX and sort Code XXXXXX held by Mr Abc Xyz, for the period covering <From Date> to <ToDate>.

I hope this helps.

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:30 am

Dear All,
I finally got the letter revised by the Bank for my maintenance funds . It is as following:

As per your request, we confirm that a min. balance of X amount has been maintained and the balance has never fallen below this amount in the account No. XXXX for the period Mar 1 09 to Jun 1 09.

Just wanted to know if I am good to go with this letter.

Secondly, is it OK if I just show the letter and no additional evidence as proof for maintenance funds??

Many thanks,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:20 am

I would advice to submit the corroborate bank statement with this letter. It will then written in stone and HO cannot fault it.
mhkhan wrote:Dear All,
I finally got the letter revised by the Bank for my maintenance funds . It is as following:

As per your request, we confirm that a min. balance of X amount has been maintained and the balance has never fallen below this amount in the account No. XXXX for the period Mar 1 09 to Jun 1 09.

Secondly, is it OK if I just show the letter and no additional evidence as proof for maintenance funds??

Many thanks,

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Thank you for the reply. In my case my name doesnt show on all the pages of the bank statement therefore the letter from the Bank is the only concrete evidence I have which has my name of course.

Do you think it is ok only to count on the letter?

[quote="chetanojha"]I would advice to submit the corroborate bank statement with this letter. It will then written in stone and HO cannot fault it.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:09 pm

chetanojha wrote:I would advice to submit the corroborate bank statement with this letter. It will then written in stone and HO cannot fault it.
mhkhan wrote:Dear All,

Many thanks,
I would submit bank statements with that as there is no name on the letter from the bank and for all that the HO know it could be a bank account for Richard Branson.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the HO rejected that letter from the bank without the bank statements to back it up.

And what do you mean when you say "in my case my name doesnt show on all the pages of the bank statement"? The statement is in your name surely? It's your name and address they're sent to?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Does your statement contains your account no. on all the pages?
But yes, if you have letter from Bank this should(alone) is fine as well as mentioned on page36 of the guidance notes mentioned below.

Letter from a financial institution iv) regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) or, in the case of overseas accounts, the home regulator (official regulatory body for the country in which the institution operates and the funds are located) confirming funds:
The letter from the financial institution regulated by the Financial Services Authority or home regulator should show:
•the applicant’s name;
•the account number;
•the date of the letter;
•the financial institution’s name and logo;
•the funds held in the applicant’s account; and
•that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter. The letter must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application. We will not accept letters which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds sufficient funds for the full period needed.

mhkhan wrote:Thank you for the reply. In my case my name doesnt
show on all the pages of the bank statement therefore the letter from the Bank is the only concrete evidence I have which has my name of course.

chetanojha wrote:I would advice to submit the corroborate bank statement with this letter. It will then written in stone and HO cannot fault it.

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:03 pm

Thank you all,

Yes the letter has all the requirements which are as per the page 36 (iii)Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for at least three months ( including name, accont no., date, stamps, signs etc).

My reason of not showing the statements is since I am showing my joint account with my wife, the bank system only shows my wife's name as the primary account holder and my name only on the last page. Its a weird thing but not very weird for Dubai Banking standards.

My appointment ifor applying s tomorrow but before getting your answer I was hesitant to go with the letter only. However, I feel confident now.

thanks,

[quote="chetanojha"]Does your statement contains your account no. on all the pages?
But yes, if you have letter from Bank this should(alone) is fine as well as mentioned on page36 of the guidance notes mentioned below.

[color=blue][i]Letter from a financial institution iv) regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) or, in the case of overseas accounts, the home regulator (official regulatory body for the country in which the institution operates and the funds are located) confirming funds:
The letter from the financial institution regulated by the Financial Services Authority or home regulator should show:
•the applicant’s name;
•the account number;
•the date of the letter;
•the financial institution’s name and logo;
•the funds held in the applicant’s account; and
•that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter. The letter must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application. We will not accept letters which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds sufficient funds for the full period needed.[/i][/color]

[quote="mhkhan"]Thank you for the reply. In my case my name doesnt
show on all the pages of the bank statement therefore the letter from the Bank is the only concrete evidence I have which has my name of course.

[quote="chetanojha"]I would advice to submit the corroborate bank statement with this letter. It will then written in stone and HO cannot fault it.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Mentio about joint account in your covering letter so that if HO contact your bank they are aware that you have joint account.
Thank you all,

Yes the letter has all the requirements which are as per the page 36 (iii)Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for at least three months ( including name, accont no., date, stamps, signs etc).

My reason of not showing the statements is since I am showing my joint account with my wife, the bank system only shows my wife's name as the primary account holder and my name only on the last page. Its a weird thing but not very weird for Dubai Banking standards.

My appointment ifor applying s tomorrow but before getting your answer I was hesitant to go with the letter only. However, I feel confident now.

thanks,

Post by 9603196090 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:39 pm

@mmkhan

brother am new to this forum and my entry is refused on the grounds of MAINTAINENCE. Actually I too submitted a letter instead of bank statements and there is a slight mistake on the letter.
I made fixed deposits and the letter does not state that the funds in my account are readily available. So, my entry is refused. He accepts that the I have maintained a min balance of 2800 pounds in my account for the last three months and he also agrees that the balance never went below the require minimum but what the extra infor he requires is that "the letter must state that the funds are readiliy available to me".
Do you have any idea about this????

Cheers!

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:46 pm

Well I cant thank you enough for your timely response. I was all ready to apply tomorrow.
MY letter does not say that either which means it is not complete. I will try to add this but this just shows that they are making it extremely difficult to earn points in Maintenance.
Hope you can sort out your letter and get through the next time.

Thank you,

[quote="9603196090"]@mmkhan

brother am new to this forum and my entry is refused on the grounds of MAINTAINENCE. Actually I too submitted a letter instead of bank statements and there is a slight mistake on the letter.
I made fixed deposits and the letter does not state that the funds in my account are readily available. So, my entry is refused. He accepts that the I have maintained a min balance of 2800 pounds in my account for the last three months and he also agrees that the balance never went below the require minimum but what the extra infor he requires is that "the letter must state that the funds are readiliy available to me".
Do you have any idea about this????

Cheers![/quote]

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:35 am

i recommend submit your bank statement. it will take less time to make decision for your case worker.

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks in advance.
Dear Friends

It would be quite helpful if the letter from the bank says that"These funds can be made readily available on request". Because I have seen in a refusal notice " Your bank letter does not confirms that these funds are readily available. Dont leave chances for AR.

Cheers.

Post by 9603196090 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:04 pm

@nfuk
Dear freind my visa is refused on the grounds of maintenance and what you have stated was the exact wordings of my refusal statement.

Unable to consider funds as the letter from bank are not readily available.
could you tell me with whom this case happened? and what action he took in return of their such statement?did he apply for ADMIN REVIEW...please help me freind.

Please could you reply soon because am ready to submit my ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW. Sending admin review is worth or fresh application has to be done for it.

Could you state your email ID so that I can share information with you when required

Post by 9603196090 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:12 pm

@nfuk and all
I took new letter from my bank and it does states that
Date
Acct NO.
Amount of Deposits
Date of Deposit
Date of Maturing

Account holder name

and finally what is shown below:

Dear Sir,

this is to certify that Mr.xxxxxxAccount No.xxxxx, currently holds a total of Rs.2.5Lacs and we confirm that these funds have been in bank since 13/02/09. The funds did not fall below Rs. 2.5 Lacs at any time during the last three months. The above FDR is ENCASHABLE Immediately on demand by the depositor.

Yours Faithfully

signature and stamp of the manager with office seal

Could anyone advice me is this letter is worth and correct to submit as a suporting evidence with admin. review or fresh application etc. Please comment or point out any mistakes.

Also the bank people did one typing error in the spelling of confirm. Instead of typing confirm they typed cofrim.....will this be okie or must need to be changed.....do i still tell the bank to write the word READILY available???

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:00 am

9603196090 wrote:@nfuk and all
Date
Acct NO.
Amount of Deposits
Date of Deposit
Date of Maturing

Account holder name

Dear Sir,

this is to certify that Mr.xxxxxxAccount No.xxxxx, currently holds a total of Rs.2.5Lacs and we confirm that these funds have been in bank since 13/02/09. The funds did not fall below Rs. 2.5 Lacs at any time during the last three months. The above FDR is ENCASHABLE Immediately on demand by the depositor.

Yours Faithfully

Could anyone advice me is this letter is worth and correct to submit as a suporting evidence with admin. review or fresh application etc. Please comment or point out any mistakes.

Also the bank people did one typing error in the spelling of confirm. Instead of typing confirm they typed cofrim.....will this be okie or must need to be changed.....do i still tell the bank to write the word READILY available???

Dear friend

U have a good chance of success in the AR unless the reviewer gets fussy about any new proof submitted. But I think ur bank letter is in continuation of the previous proof submitted so wont be a problem.
Go ahead as I believe AR should always be exercised.

Cheers.

email257525
BANNED

Friend

Post by email257525 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:43 am

This is the perfect Composed Bank letter, This will fulfil the requirements to gain you the maintenance points.

Good Luck

Post by 9603196090 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:29 am

jkkd
Last edited by 9603196090 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 9603196090 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:34 am

Dear Freinds

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions and advices. I really appreciate your endeavours.

One more thing I want to make clear that:
Although it is stated on the bank letter that: the above FDR are encashable immediately on demand by the depositor but actually the amount of deposit, date of deposit and date of maturing was shown in the bottom of the letter.

So, this in appropriate english affects me in future or I should request another letter. Would you think, it will creates a problem.
Also, somebody told me that the word "ENCASHABLE" is not suitable for the letter. Is it????Do I still need to request the bank to include the sentences like: I have access to funds or the funds can be made available at any time.
am still confused!!!!!!!!!!!1

Please could anyone clarify

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:41 am

[quote="nsuk"][quote="9603196090"][b]@nfuk and all [/b]
Date
Acct NO.
Amount of Deposits
Date of Deposit
Date of Maturing

Account holder name

Dear Sir,

this is to certify that Mr.xxxxxxAccount No.xxxxx, currently holds a total of Rs.2.5Lacs and we confirm that these funds have been in bank since 13/02/09. The funds did not fall below Rs. 2.5 Lacs at any time during the last three months. [b]The above FDR is ENCASHABLE Immediately on demand by the depositor.[/b]

Yours Faithfully

Also the bank people did one typing error in the spelling of confirm. Instead of typing confirm they typed [b]cofrim.....will this be okie or must need to be changed.....do i still tell the bank to write the word READILY available???[/quote]

Dear friend

U have a good chance of success in the AR unless the reviewer gets fussy about any new proof submitted. But I think ur bank letter is in continuation of the previous proof submitted so wont be a problem.
Go ahead as I believe AR should always be exercised.

Cheers.[/quote]

Dear ALL,

I have a letter from the BANK for my current account detailing the funds and that the balance didnt fall in the last 3 months. However, when I read the mail with the person with Fixed Certificate, I have asked Bank to provide me a letter stating that the account is CURRENT account which wasnt mentioned in the first letter.
Do you think its safe to show the two letters instead of just one.