ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I bring my mother to live with me?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GeoUK

Can I bring my mother to live with me?

Post by GeoUK » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Hi Guys,

Let me explain my situation:
I am brazilian with Italian citzenship.
I want to bring my mother to come and live with me from Brazil.
She lives on her own and I'm supporting her financialy. She has only Brazilian nationality.
I've checked on UKBA website and it seems like she is liable for a settlement visa. I just have to prove that I support her financialy (which I do) and she has no other close relatives that can help her.

I have just applied for my wife's Residency Card today and I believe it should take quite a few months until we have a HO decision.

My question is: Can I apply for my mother's settlement visa in Brazil, while I'm still waiting for my wife's RC decision here in the UK?

Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Can I bring my mother to live with me?

Post by Rozen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:12 pm

GeoUK wrote:Hi Guys,

Let me explain my situation:
I am brazilian with Italian citzenship.
I want to bring my mother to come and live with me from Brazil.
She lives on her own and I'm supporting her financialy. She has only Brazilian nationality.
I've checked on UKBA website and it seems like she is liable for a settlement visa. I just have to prove that I support her financialy (which I do) and she has no other close relatives that can help her.

I have just applied for my wife's Residency Card today and I believe it should take quite a few months until we have a HO decision.

My question is: Can I apply for my mother's settlement visa in Brazil, while I'm still waiting for my wife's RC decision here in the UK?

Thanks
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40336

GeoUK

Help please,

Post by GeoUK » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:18 am

PLease help, I need more information and advices..
Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Help please,

Post by Rozen » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:18 pm

GeoUK wrote:PLease help, I need more information and advices..
Thanks
Brownbonno has answered your question here, http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40336, by telling you that you can apply for a Family Permit for your mother from Brazil. Even provided you with a link! So what is the problem? :roll:

GeoUK

Post by GeoUK » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Rozen wrote:
GeoUK wrote:PLease help, I need more information and advices..
Thanks
Brownbonno has answered your question here, http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40336, by telling you that you can apply for a Family Permit for your mother from Brazil. So what is the problem? :roll:
Hi, thanks for the repply.
My concern is that, I am already applying for my wife's EEA2 here in UK.
Could I do both applications at the same time? One for my wife in the UK and the other one in Brazil for my mother?

Thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:18 pm

GeoUK wrote:My concern is that, I am already applying for my wife's EEA2 here in UK.
Could I do both applications at the same time? One for my wife in the UK and the other one in Brazil for my mother?
Yes. Why would you think you couldn't?

GeoUK

Post by GeoUK » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:36 pm

86ti wrote:
GeoUK wrote:My concern is that, I am already applying for my wife's EEA2 here in UK.
Yes. Why would you think you couldn't?
I just wasn't really sure I could apply for both at the same time.
Has anyone experienced a similar case?