ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for the spouse. Question.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Na_ta
Newly Registered

Points for the spouse. Question.

Post by Na_ta » Mon May 10, 2004 9:58 am

If I want to receive points for the qualified spouse, whether that in case of the positive decision we should arrive to UK together at once or he can join me later, for example, after I shall find work?

Thanks beforehand. :)

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon May 10, 2004 1:18 pm

The spouse can join you later - however at the renewal stage, it would be beneficial if your spouse was in the country with you

All the best
Where there is a will there is a way.

Na_ta
Newly Registered

Post by Na_ta » Mon May 10, 2004 5:22 pm

Thank you for answer, Chess. :)

-----
What do you meen "it whould be beneficial", is it you own opinion or does the special rule exist? If it is the rule, could you give me a link? I couldn't find any rules about it in the HSMP_Guidance and in the HO site...

-----
It would be beneficial for me, of course :), but my spouse should rest with our daughter, also he has his own job, so it would be better if they join to me later...

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon May 10, 2004 6:40 pm

You have claimed spouse points - so that she can join you and therefore the UK economy will benefit from her employment.

It would be unfair if you claimed spouse points and then left the spouse back home 'forever'....It is cheating 8) .

It is like getting a marriage Visa/Spouse Visa and then coming to the UK and not reside/leave with the spouse at all - what would be the point :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.