ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fee for CoA applications suspended (wef 9 April 2009)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mym
Member of Standing

Fee for CoA applications suspended (wef 9 April 2009)

Post by mym » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Changes to the Certificate of Approval Scheme

09 April 2009

With effect from 9 April 2009 the UK Border Agency is suspending the fee for Certificate of Approval applications. This means that individuals making an application for a Certificate of Approval on or after this date will not be required to pay the fee.

The fee has been suspended in order to comply with the House of Lords judgment in the case of Baiai v the Secretary of State for the Home Department.

The UK Border Agency is carefully considering the implications for those who have already paid a fee and will shortly announce its policy in this respect.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ificate-of
--
Mark Y-M
London

Fairtrade

Post by Fairtrade » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Surely people that have paid for the COA should now get compensation?

I mean the whole COA is unlawful, why should people ask permission to the HO to get married? Surely a British person is free to marry who they like or not?? What about all the other couples that had to pay £295 for a COA??

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:37 pm

As the announcement says "The UK Border Agency is carefully considering the implications for those who have already paid a fee and will shortly announce its policy in this respect. "
--
Mark Y-M
London

Fairtrade

Re: Fee for CoA applications suspended (wef 9 April 2009)

Post by Fairtrade » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:24 pm

mym wrote:Changes to the Certificate of Approval Scheme

09 April 2009

With effect from 9 April 2009 the UK Border Agency is suspending the fee for Certificate of Approval applications. This means that individuals making an application for a Certificate of Approval on or after this date will not be required to pay the fee.

The fee has been suspended in order to comply with the House of Lords judgment in the case of Baiai v the Secretary of State for the Home Department.

The UK Border Agency is carefully considering the implications for those who have already paid a fee and will shortly announce its policy in this respect.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ificate-of
Does anyone know when this decision will be made??

TM_0108
Newly Registered

Post by TM_0108 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:29 am

Well when someone knows please post it here...

We applied on the 29th of March and we just got it...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:13 am

Hi TM_0108, what is "it"? The CoA itself, or the return of the fee you paid?
John

TM_0108
Newly Registered

Post by TM_0108 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:21 am

John wrote:Hi TM_0108, what is "it"? The CoA itself, or the return of the fee you paid?
Hi

I applied for the CoA on the 27/03/09 Paid £295 shortly before the HO announced that the fee has suspended on the 09/04/09. For John CoA is a Certificate of Approval to allow you to get married in the U.K.

What is it about this law anyway that somebody is sitting behind the desk looks at your application and docs then ummmm... decides who can or can not get married and worse than that you have to pay the fee for it.

Personally I don't want to have anything to do with HO anymore cause I've got the CoA but my fiance insisted me to find out if I can get my fee back after grief and a long wait.

We'll see shall we...