ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR --> How To --> Work in EU(Ger, Fr, Hol & Fr) a

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zimbo
Newly Registered

ILR --> How To --> Work in EU(Ger, Fr, Hol & Fr) a

Post by zimbo » Thu May 13, 2004 1:11 pm

Hi all,

Can someone please help.

How can someone with Permanent Residence in Britain work as a consultant in EU (ger, fr, hol and Bel). I work in Microeletronics industry.

this is very urgent, most companies shy away from me at the last moment once they discover I have no EU passport.

Very painful, 4 contract offers and lack of EU passport sinking me.

Finally, what is EU Resident Permit? Can I apply for this in the UK.

Is anyone aware of any new EU directive regarding movement of third national residents for employment or anything.

Please Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp me.

Cheers

Zim
:( :( :(

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu May 13, 2004 1:36 pm

1. Depending on nature of business and length of time you can get various schengen visas or be eligible for the Van Der Elst route - drop Elfa on the European forum a note for details of the scheme.

2. UK has opted out of directive on third country nationals by exercising its veto to maintain border controls. Since its a reciprocal arrangement route in 1 is the only way. In any case the proposal ahs been around for 10 or more years and its not going to be legalised any time soon - IMHO 3+ years.

3. See my other post on the subject to you - get a British Passport unless there are dual national issues you don't want to deal with.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu May 13, 2004 1:47 pm

See my other post on the subject to you - get a British Passport unless there are dual national issues you don't want to deal with.

If I recall correctly, Zimbo succesfuly got his ILR in January 2004 applying under the 14-year rule concession, so the earliest he can apply for BC is January 2005.

In the meantime I trust Zimbo has enjoyed his hard earned freedom:

Zim, You will find that people say that the grass is greener on the other side - Wait till you get 'Naturalised' and then venture to mainland Europe. You may be surprised if you dont achieve your expectations - lots of beloved over there brother :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

zimbo
Newly Registered

Post by zimbo » Thu May 13, 2004 10:51 pm

Correct chess.
Even with ILR life is still a struggle.

Cheers

Zim