ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application complications.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Naturalisation application complications.

Post by keshgrover » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:20 pm

Dear Fellow Members,

I was wondering if some one could kindly put some light at the following situation.

My uncle who is married to his wife for morethen six years is in middle of his divorce with her. He has PR status and is also due to apply for citizenship in first week of December this year as he has his NCS appointment booked already. According to his solicitor his divorce will be finalized by End of December 2009.

Now on form AN there is a section about partner's details. In which section shall he fill in the details of his wife?

1.31 Which states Details of your partner OR
1.37 Which states Previous Husband's/Wife's name

As he will be in middle of his divorce and technically his wife will be still his wife.
And by the time a case worker will be looking into his file he will be (hopefully) divorced.

I just could not work it out myself. So, Moderators please help.
KESH

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:42 pm

I think your Uncle merely needs to answer the form honestly, honestly that is as at the date he signs the declaration on the form.

So unless the Decree Absolute has been issued, he will be still married, and should complete the form on that basis.

Is he making an application for British Citizenship, after 3 years, based upon his wife being a British Citizen?
John

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:19 pm

John wrote:I think your Uncle merely needs to answer the form honestly, honestly that is as at the date he signs the declaration on the form.

So unless the Decree Absolute has been issued, he will be still married, and should complete the form on that basis.

Is he making an application for British Citizenship, after 3 years, based upon his wife being a British Citizen?
His application will be based on 6 years. He gained PR using treaty rights (EU route).

Anyway one more to fire. What address for the partner he should put on the form. Same as his or the address where she is living now?
KESH