ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years in UK + 20 months on ILR + going through seperation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

maxcmuss
Newly Registered

5 years in UK + 20 months on ILR + going through seperation

Post by maxcmuss » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi,
I have a slight issues and may be some of you can give me advice on it. I came to UK in 2004 as a student but then in 2006 got married to a british citizen. I then got my ILR in 2008. Now I am going through a process of seperation and my wife wants to divorce me. I have a 2 year old son. So I was thinking to apply for my citizenship but I am unsure on what basis and how will I apply for my passport. I have been in UK for nearly 6 years now (April 2004) and I have had my ILR since March 2008.
Can anyone please advice me on the above ???

Thanks

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:12 pm

as you have been in the country for 5+ years and have held ILR for more than 1 year i dont see any problem with you applying for naturalisation under the 5 year category. so long all the other conditions are met, eg absences