ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Dependent/s

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cisadi

ILR and Dependent/s

Post by Cisadi » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Guys, there is a lot of buzz regarding dependents ILR applications that they need to be in the UK for atleast 2 years for them to be eligible for ILR.

Where is this mentioned on the UKBA website ?

Let me explain you my scenario..

I came to Uk in July 2001, got WP in March 2005, wife joined me in 2007, switched to Tier 1 in 2008 and will qualify for ILR in March 2010.

I am going to send my application in Jan 2010 with two dependents although my wife has completed two years and my son will be of two years in Jan so i belive I should be fine, but i have not seen anywhere that dependents needs to be in the UK FOR TWO YEARS before they can apply for ILR.

It would be nice to see if there is any documented proof of this requirement.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:05 pm

They should be okay (319E(d)).

There's no minimum residential period required for children (319J).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:53 pm

Oh excellent !!!

Thank you very much for pointing me to these links, I would have never known about them if you wouldn't have replied.

I am new to this board and let me tell you , I am already a big fan :-)

Again Thank you very much.

- One more question if you don't mind.

Which docs would be sufficient to prove that my wife stayed with me since she joined me in the UK ?

Thanks,

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi, Does this mean can I apply for ILR for my kid who is 10 months old and came to UK just months ago?

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:17 am

Any answer to my question on this ? Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:30 am

Cisadi wrote:Which docs would be sufficient to prove that my wife stayed with me since she joined me in the UK ?
See also form SET(M) for examples.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.